Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week our kid will be born. Signs point to healthy.

Friday is payday. The payday that puts us over the top. That's right 100% (non-mortgage) DEBT FREE!!!!!

on a $55-65k a year income.

Here is what we've knocked out since late 2007:

$18000 in timeshare debt
$49000 in credit card debt
$12000 in student loan debt

Paid CASH for:

$11000 in foundation/major home repair
$2000 oral surgery
$1800 other dentist bills
$10000 down payment on house
High risk pregnancy

we made it. this is the best week of my life.

Now there is a good possibility I will be a Stay at home parent. Our income will temporarily go down to around $35k until I can find a day job (we both worked 3rd shift during this but it is impossible to find childcare for a newborn during those hours at a reasonable price.) so I am looking for a day job or part-time job. But any advice making the transition will be helpful!!

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
ROCK ON DUDE! You're killing it!

Best wishes for a happy healthy baby and mom!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Congrats on all you both have done.

Transitional advice will come in time... for now...

Enjoy the last fews nights of sleep you will get for a long time ***:congrats:***

·
Registered
960 Posts
Preston, double congratulations - on the upcoming birth of your child, and for knocking out your non-mortgage debt and paying cash! What accomplishments!!

·
27,948 Posts
So happy for you and your wife Preston. So much growth and change in your life since we've known you. The best is yet to come, enjoy!
Thanks a bunch for sharing your happiness with us. :hugz:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Preston what great news!
You must feel absolutely wonderful!!

Sending all my good wishes for your wife and baby (and you of course) for the upcoming birth.

((HUGS))

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Awesome Preston!! Best wishes to all of you for a safe delivery. Get readyfor the best day of your life and many sleepless nights to come....but they are worth it! :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Wow..it's a great week to be you isn't it? Congratulations!! All that hard work and discipline has paid off.

:dancing: :congrats: :dancing:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Congratulations Preston! You both did a fantastic job.

Heartfelt wishes on your babies birth to you and your wife.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
OK, I must admit I'm running on about 4 hours sleep, which makes me a little over-emotional to begin with, but I literally teared up a little reading that...so GOOD to hear a 'we did it' story in the midst of all the foreclosure and going bust stories we're swamped with on the news these days.

What could be a better gift to your newborn, then a financially sound household? Newborns bring a lot of joy AND stress, but it will be all the easier due to your diligent focus to clear up those debts. CONGRATS. Talk about 'changing your family tree!'.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Congratulations on all of the life changes. Prayers for a quick & safe delivery and a quick recovery for your wife! Get some sleep now while you both can.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.