Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My birthstone is peridot which is not the most attractive of stones. I always hear about mother's rings and both my children were born in the same month and Gabe and I were born in the same month. lol

What's your birthstone and do you like it?

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Mine's a blue saphire and it's my favorite stone. :)

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I was born in March, so mine is aquamarine, ...I love it !!!!!...Dh bought me a three stone aquamarine ring for valentine's day and it is beautiful!!!!...I know what you mean Sara about the mother's ring...DD#1's birthstone is garnet, which is a red color, dd#2 is ruby, my grandson is ruby and so is dh!!! So I would have a very red mother's ring:toothy:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
LOL, mine's a diamond...clear, how much more boring can you get? I kinda like it...after all it's a diamond... but i wish it was a color, like sapphire or emerald. I have always thought those two were pretty.

DS is citrine (sp?)
DD and DH are aquamarine.

DS on the way will also be diamond.

So if i had a mothers ring it would be

yellow-blue-clear

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm peridot too and I've never liked it. Luckily both of my kids are April babies so that means 2 diamonds for me. :D

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
MIne is amyethest and I love it!

Dh's is emerald and I like it too.

Oldest ds is ruby, middle son is garnet and dd is sapphire.

My mother's ring isn't very pretty.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Another diamond here....love them..how can you not???..lol..My favorite is Amythist though..Jessicas birthstone

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Mine is ruby, which I don't care for.

Ds's is aquamarine which is my absolute favorite. :)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Garnet...yuck. It's just so boring. :(

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
mine is Saphire also and I have always loved it....I love getting stuff with my birthstone in it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
mine is an ugly orange color :bang: lol, I don't like birthstone gifts for that reason :D

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Mine and dd is alexandrite? Light purple.

Dh is October, light pink - don't know what it's called.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Mine is Emerald-can take it or leave it..Dh is Garnet, DD1, DD2 and DS1 are all Diamonds, and DS 2 is a Yellow Citrine... My mothers ring looks like an engagement ring with all the diamonds and one light yellow "diamond"..LOL

My absolute favorite is Blue Saphire..;)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Mine is Garnet and I am ok with it!:D I have 1 pair of garnet earrings and 2 garnet rings which I don't wear. One ring my Dad gave me when I was 5 and I am nowhere near 5 anymore so it doesn't fit...........I say all the time I want to size it but I haven't done that.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Mine is garnet too and unlike everyone else I love it! Red is my favourite colour so it fits me a lot better than most other stones.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts