Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Sara, I love these too. I have never made one but they look pretty easy. I wanted to do one for DD but she did not like them so I guess I will have to do one for myself someday. Thanks for the link, the instructions on that site are really nice. I bookmarked it to look at more closely tomorrow.:D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I really like this type of quilting, and have seen a few I would really like to emmulate. Some day I think I will take a stab at it. :)

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I did a bisquit quilted purse when I was in high school (70's). Lots of fun! I never attempted an entire quilt with it though.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Well, although its not bad looking, its not one I'd like to make. I think you would get tired of it very fast, both making it and looking at it!!! Just different things for different people!!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd love it in either super bright colors or pastels. I think what I like about it is that it's so close to being downright ugly that I really like it. lol

It's something I would love to have for a long time as just a comfy quilt. One of the types of quilts that are used for everything and the more you use it...the better it gets. I can picture me snuggling up with a good book and just keeping it close to me anytime I need a blanket...until the edges fray.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
But Sara, thats what all quilts are suppose to be made for. Every quilt I make is for snuggling in or using. It drives me nuts when quilts aren't used, no matter how pretty they are, whether they are used for snuggling, hanging on walls or covering beds.

Someone once said to me "but its on his bed". It was a quilt I made for ds#1. Well of course, where else would it be. It was made for him to use, not to put in storage.

Thats why I love old quilts because they were used. They usually had a couple of special quilts for visitors, but otherwise there wasn't a quilt that wasn't put in use in some way.

Having said that, I still would get very tired, very quickly of this type of quilt. :toothy:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That might be simple enough for a sewing dummy like me to do... I love the sort of ugly appeal of it to Sara !!!! It would be so soft and fluffy for those times when the kids are on the floor watching T.V. ........ Thanks for the link !!!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I've always wanted to make one of those. It sort of reminds me of Holly Hobbie for some reason. And it's puffy like a comforter which I love :)

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
That looks cozy!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I like it!!!

I'm still in remedial quilting, but I can see me trying this one! :smball:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts