Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life can be bitter and ironic. We have been having trouble lately with my MIL. She moved in with us last year after her husband died and is increasingly depressed and dispondent and will not seek help. Yesterday, she told my husband she was ready to die.

Meanwhile, I have a good friend whose beautiful 24 year old daughter has been battling cancer for over a year. I received word today that the outlook is extremely grim, days really. I cannot visit because of my pregnancy per oncologist and OB orders.

I'm overwrought on both ends and honestly wish I could call my friend and say "oh, my MIL. Would like to take your daughters place, she's all packed and ready to go."

Life is bitter and ironic, if you can spare a prayer for all of us it would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
life, it can be so not fair.......

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
sending up prayers right away.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
You picked the right words "bitter and ironic". It is so sad, really. I am praying for your MIL.

Is there something that could bring the spark back to life for her? A hobby? Friends? Senior Center? Volunteering?

How old is she?

My mom is going to be 69 and she found a new lease on life by taking up a couple of new hobbies: pottery and stained glass. She has actually won ribbons for her work. It just goes to show that life isn't over at a certain age.

Reactions: mamamia

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
My prayer is for you. Life is bitter and ironic but those are 3 seperate unrelated things. It will be healthier for you if you do not correlate them.
-You are pregnant. You tried for so long and you should cherish every inch of the experience w/o remorse. You have been blessed.

-Your MIL lost her mate and is sad. People of her generation didn't go to a councelor easily as they do now. My dmom wouldn't go. She is spiritually tired and wants to go home.

-When someone goes early I try and see it as Gods favor. He has called that soul home early. Try and support your friend the best you can.

When I was pregnant (w/ the third try) my moms mom passed and I regretted she wasn't around to hear this pregnancy wa viable. 1 month before I gave birth my dads' mom passed. It was sad she would never know the child. I almost felt like they were payment for a healthy child but that not a healthy conclusion.
So i pray for a healthy birth,a rest and an easy passing if it be so. And i pray for peace for you.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
My prayer is for you. Life is bitter and ironic but those are 3 seperate unrelated things. It will be healthier for you if you do not correlate them.
-You are pregnant. You tried for so long and you should cherish every inch of the experience w/o remorse. You have been blessed.

-Your MIL lost her mate and is sad. People of her generation didn't go to a councelor easily as they do now. My dmom wouldn't go. She is spiritually tired and wants to go home.

-When someone goes early I try and see it as Gods favor. He has called that soul home early. Try and support your friend the best you can.

When I was pregnant (w/ the third try) my moms mom passed and I regretted she wasn't around to hear this pregnancy wa viable. 1 month before I gave birth my dads' mom passed. It was sad she would never know the child. I almost felt like they were payment for a healthy child but that not a healthy conclusion.
So i pray for a healthy birth,a rest and an easy passing if it be so. And i pray for peace for you.
well said.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
my grief didn't lift until 2 years had passed. my grief counselor told me it was grief and not depression.

i hid in my house for a year, felt like swimming in molasses.

·
19,119 Posts
Prayers and hugs for you all. How wonderful you are bringing life into the world - completing the circle!! Aloha to all!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
May the peace of Christ which is beyond all understanding come to all of you

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
You and your loved ones are in my prayers.

Cat

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I can understand about the yooooung lady never having a chance to finish her life. I can't understand giving up. I'm a fighter. I almost died in Feb when I stopped breathing. @ weeks after I got out I lost my 24 yo son. Life is not fair. It will be amonth tomorrow that my som passed and I still don't understand why. Someone told me his job on earth was done and God wanted him home. I will pray for yoooour friend to lose a child even if you know is one of the hardest things to deal with. I have no words to help with your mil. I just hope she's able to snap out of it
Fern

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
My prayers go out to you and your friend.:grouphug:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Sounds like she is grieving herself to death. I always said if my mom dies first daddy would not be to far behind.. Hugs to you and prayers for MIL and dear friends daughter. My daughter is 24 and that would be hard.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry about all this. I know it's so hard! I think when people want to die, they usually see absolutely nothing to look forward to, are in emotional anguish, and just want the pain to end. I hope your MIL will be encouraged somehow.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
She (your MIL) needs to find a new center for her life. Unfortunately, she has to decide she needs and wants to do that. You cannot find it for her. :(

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sending prayers your way. :grouphug:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you to everyone for your kind words, especially the hard earned wisdom from fernykins.

I usually read the forum from my blackberry, so I haven't been about to give the thanks and hugs to all that I would like to.

My friends daughter is still hanging by a thread, back on the sedatives and ventilator. My MIL received a letter this week indicating she has a space in senior housing starting mid may and that seems to have perked her up a bit. DH and I met with the elder services coordinator and feel like we at least know the resources to contact if and when we need them.

I am also realizing my pregnancy hormones are a little crazy this week and that's made it a little harder to cope.

Thank you all so much.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts