·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Black Bean Salad

Recipe Description
Delicious summer salad. Filling and nutritious too.​
Preparation Steps:
*Notes: I skipped the red onion and cilantro because I didn't have either on hand. I did add some onion powder though.

Also, I used 1 package (12 oz.) of Bird's Eye steam (in the bag) white & yellow corn vs. a can of corn (we don't buy many canned vegetables here).

I used dried black beans (soaked before using) vs. canned black beans.

I ate this alone and skipped the tortilla chips. I bet it would taste great on a bed of lettuce too.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
10 min​
Ingredients:
1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow bell pepper (diced)

1/2 cup of red onion (diced)

1 can of corn

1 clove of garlic

1 tsp of cilantro

1/4 c. olive oil

4 T. red wine vinegar

1 tsp lime juice

salt and pepper to taste

15 oz can of black beans

tortilla chips (optional)​
Serves:
~6​
Directions:
combine: 1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow bell pepper (diced),Add 15 oz can of black beans, toss and serve with tortilla chips. 1/2 cup of red onion (diced), 1 can of corn, 1 clove of garlic (minced), and 1 tsp of cilantro.

Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Toss.

Add 15 oz can of black beans, toss and serve with tortilla chips.​

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Thanks, this is another of the recipes I managed to misplace in moving - and haven't made time to look up elsewhere. Now I don't have to - thanks to you!

For those who have not tried this one, it can be served as a dip or a salad, is a GREAT hit at potlucks and picnics, and keeps in the fridge for several days very well. And it's pretty!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made this a second time with de-seeded tomatoes. Yummy :lip:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just looking at this recipe and wanted to make some...but I'm out of black beans LOL

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
we love it! i crush a clove of garlic and mix that w/ the lime juice and hot sauce while cutting up all other onions and peppers (dont always use) and seeding tomatoes. then mix all together. yum. and filling. sometimes i add some cooked orzo - adds some color to it and makes it go further.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I love this salad! I make it with one bell pepper, a few seeded chopped tomatoes and the juice of one lemon instead of vinegar. It does not last long in my house. Yum!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I make this only I use Italian dressing for it and it is really good and easy! I also chop up some jalepeno for it. We use the same recipe for blackeyed pea salad as well! Yummm! I need to make some of this now.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love this salad! I make it with one bell pepper, a few seeded chopped tomatoes and the juice of one lemon instead of vinegar. It does not last long in my house. Yum!
I'll need to try this variation too. :chef2:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I added cucumber this time...such a great summer food :lip:

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I'll confirm that this is delicious served on lettuce or a wrap! I make it all the time, it's almost my standard lunch. I never use the cilantro. Not a big cilantro fan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts