Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the price of everything going up and my money not I have been doing a lot of thinking. So starting in May 1 we will be doing Black Belt Frugality. This is when the art of frugality is kicked into high gear and we take no prisoners in saving money. Anyone with me??

Kellie:fpunch: :fpunch:

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm with you Kellie.
I have fallen off the frugal wagon in the past few weeks, between buying plants for the garden and fabric from the quilt shop I need to calm down!!
DH's birthday is May 1st. I am getting him a few pair of shorts and taking him to our favorite italian place. Then I am done! I have a freezer full of food and plenty of haba and paper and cleaning items. So I should only have to shop for milk and produce. I have plenty to keep me busy with the gardening and quilting and helping out with the Grandkids. I have a few penney rug projects I want to finish for the holidays. I have to make some dishes and cookies for my Grandsons christening next sunday, I have everything I need for that. If I want to reach my goal of being debt free by Oct I need to get my butt in gear! It's funny, I'm not a mall or store shopper but put me in the garden center or fabric store and LOOK OUT:thud:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Ok, I am In :). I have been thinking of how hard it is for me to get saving seriously lately and most of our money is just dissapearing :angry: . One thing which I thought about doing today is.....I tried making my own laundry soap last year but never did make it again and I still have all of the ingredients to make more, we just bought the other day a bag of noname laundry detergent. ( I had not so frugally went out and bought that new tide with bleach that you can use with cold water instead of hot, big mistake as I broke out big time and have been itching like crazy :ponder: ) anyhow, I am going to make up a batch of homemade laundry detergent and add the noname detergent to it :smirk: .

Another thing which I read about is putting my tea in a thermos instead of leaving the coffee machine on all day so I am going to start doing that too! I will go through some of my books and see what I can find for savings....I posted some awhile back from a book of mine by Emily Barnes....I am going to look through a couple of my books by Mary Hunt and will post a few of her money saving tips:applause:

I am ready to get back on the frugal wagon , this is going to be fun and I can't wait to see how we all have done by the end of May :glass:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yep, I'm in to.

I know I'm new to the site but, our family is up for the challenge. With an 18 year old just about ready to graduate, and driving I have to find an even more frugal way.

Count us in! :cheer4:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes! I am in too. Being without a full time job and paying bills is getting harder to do.

Food is taken care off. We have all our HBA and laundry stuff.

So searching for a job and blackbelt frugal living is for me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Let's do it. Dh's union contract is up in August, and we may be in for a strike. I have been warned. Careful with those dollars.

·
Registered
693 Posts
We are in too, DH's cell phone bill was $185.00, it is supposed to be 39.99!!
We switched plans, but, not in effect for 1 month!

We also had to pay $138.00 in union dues upfront since someone made an error and DH's paycheck has not deducted the dues for 3 months!!!

And, we still have 2 mortages...

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Id like to say YES to this too however Im very scared I wont be able to do it! *cries*

For all of April, I did well. I cut back where I thought I couldnt. I thought of alternatives to situtions and they worked. I have plenty of no spend days LOL

AND now that Im working again....dont know how long though, its easier for me to NOT spend money and makes me really think if I want to stop on my way home or not. Most of the time, its NO! :clap:

Ya think I can do this?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I'm in, so need to find more ways to pinch those pennies, hubbies fuel costs are really going up.

kj

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I'm in also. I told Dh today we had food to last us over a month. Besides milk and we need to tighten it. With graduation and prom and a big cookout coming up for my son we have already spent to much. But he is the last of ours at home.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Count me in. For the last two weeks unless it's for food, utilities or necessities I have not been spending any money unless I absouletly have to. Need to get this car debt down. Can't wait tell this starts!

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I'm in! We spent alot in apr with 4birthdays, Easter and remodeling. We need to tighten up in may to pay for more remodeling and our trip to see our niece in june.
We plan only toeat out on Mothers day in june when we take our moms out!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm in!

Count me in! I haven't fallen completely off, but slightly. I need to get the black belt back on!

Thanks for the challenge!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Count me in:) With more money coming in, I want to see our savings go up and our debt go down!!! April has been an off track month for us so I totally want to make up for it in May:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I really need to join this one. I have fallen off the wagon and I can't get up!!

I will be working part-time starting May 15 instead of full time and this will cut my salary by more than half. Our bills are going up and salary going down so I need to get back on the wagon.

I have not posted in weeks and really feel the effects. I feel very accountable when I join one of these challenges. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
ecgsmama said:
Count me in! I haven't fallen completely off, QUOTE]

I right there with you. You can count me in. I have done terrible for the past couple of months.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm in! I want to pay more towards my credit card balance in May, which mean I can not buy ONE THING! (Good thing I have a pantry full, huh?)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts