Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been the worst 12 months of my life. I am completely stressed and losing my mind at what more can truley happen. Last April my grandpa passed away (he was my rock), in June the state took back a baby I had raised for almost 2 years and hoped to adopt, then my car was hit by an unisured driver, the oversees adoption I had been counting on for the past year turned out to be a fake (thanks to my own family member) I have had a miserable 3 1/2 year old boy living with me for the past 6 mos who, thanks to fetal alcohol, does little more than tantrum,(he is leaving this week) now my wallet was stolen with all of my ID and credit cards, thousands of dollars in charges made in a matter of hours, and I believe this was done by the parents of one of my foster kids.
Top it all off with my 6 month check up at the gyn, I am laying on the table waiting for the exam and the dr walks out for an emergency. Expects me to reschedule. It took me 3 weeks to get this appointment and I need a referal for a dr I need to see next week and my scripts. I exploded into tears, I am not generally a whiner (I tend to be a screamer) but I just cried and demanded to be seen in their other office across town immediately, I had taken the day off of work and literally had 45 minutes in my schedule for this. They did take me in the other office, I think I scared them.
I just can't imagine what is going to be next-well, actually we are going for genetic counselling next week so I am sure that there will be a problem with that. I just want to bang my head on something hard!!!
Has this been a harder year than most people have? DH thinks I'm just having a run of bad luck and should lighten up. What do you think?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Jersey, I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. I understand your frustation. There are times I swear God just doesn't want me to be happy. It seems every time something goes right, then ten things go wrong.

I wish I could give you a reason, or fix this for you. We both know I can't do that, and I can and will keep you in my prayers.

My advise is to contact the credit card companies, and make sure you don't have to pay for the charges and to PROSECUTE the offender.

I wish you the best of luck with the child with FAS, that has to be a difficult situation and I admire you for taking this child in, eventhough is has been tough.

·
27,948 Posts
I'm sorry Kellie, you have had a truly emotionally trying year. I don't think it's a matter of "lightening up" but a time to do all you can to be good to you. That's about the only thing you can control. Glad you are going to the docs & hope that things quiet down and look up for you soon. Take good care and don't be afraid to say no if people want you to take on more than you can or should handle. Sending you my best.:hug2:

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
:hugz: Kellie...I'm so sorry you have had such an awful year. :hugz:

·
Registered
239 Posts
First of all, very big hugs to you.

I think sometimes when life is so unfair, we learn how strong we really can be....and it seems that you have picked yourself up everytime. Keep your head up, your chin up and don't let life keep you down.

I remember one year, within 6 months, we went to 6 funerals (3 at one time). It didn't seem to end with the loss of loved ones. It was a hard year.

I can't even imagine how it felt to have to give up a baby you raised for 2 years. I absolutely admire that kind of strength and love that you obviously have.

I know I don't know you but I really wish you all the best and know that life's luck will change and you will be the winner through it all!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Kellie, I am so sorry that you have had such a horrid year. You have gone through far more than any person should be expected to withstand. I will keep you in my prayers. You deserve all happiness. :hugz:

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I'm so sorry dear to hear all what your going through!! God Bless Ya!!!
:grouphug2 :hug2: :hug2:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I am so sorry! We had a year like that. It was 2000. The whole year sucked, January to December. 1 thing after another. I think sometimes this just happens. Hopefully your year is up and you can move on and things will get much better quickly. I am so sorry for everything you have been through. But know you aren't the only one bad luck happens to, if that helps any.

Jennifer

G

·
I just wanted to send some hugs and good thoughts your way - and hopefully your luck streak will end soon. Sometimes it rains and sometimes it pours.

:hug2:

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Oh, Kellie, things have been so hard for you this past year. :hugz:

I will be sending positive vibes your way. You don't deserve all these difficulties, and I hope that there are brighter days on your horizon.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks girls, sorry if I'm whining, I am just very overwhelmed and dh just seems to live in his own little fantasy land, putting it down in words helped and they are making progress in the wallet case, working closely with the detective has been a hoot, he's really busy and I know this can't be a huge priority so I went ahead and called all the vendors for descriptions, gave him a list of who has videos, phone #s addresses etc. His response was "ok Nancy Drew, slow down you're doin my job" he should move faster then huh?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Kellie, sorry to hear about your year so far. Hope things go better for you for the next eight months!

·
27,948 Posts
Look at you go, shakin down perps, lol.:D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Hugs...it has been a horrible year for you. Surely it'll turn around soon. :hugz:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Go ahead and whine all you want honey! We are listening!

I don't blame you for feeling frustrated and upset!

And yes I've had a lousy couple of years but I have found that it is all part of life. The good and the bad and the ugly...... There is always something to be thank-ful for.....sometimes it is hard to find but there is always something.

Good detective work! You go girl and let us know the results....I can't wait to hear the results of the mystery!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Kellie I can relate with you....... I've been sick since May of 03 just when I think I'm getting better something else comes along and bites me in that
$%^&* I'm still sick........ I hope this year turns it self around for you.
Fern

1 - 20 of 26 Posts