Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so angry I could cry.

I have ruined a brand new dress and shirt becuase I left it damp in the hamper and now they are covered with black mold. If they were white I could just bleach them but they are pink. Does anybody have any ideas on how I could get these stains out. This is why I hate haveing the laundry washer in the garage. I took the hamper out there to do laundry and got into other things and forgot them. Two days later and I have a mold farm.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was able to get mildew out of a flower print dress of DDs. I squeezed fresh lemon juice on it and hung it in the sun. I actually left it out in the sun for about 2 days and just kept squeezing some lemon juice on it periodically. It came right out!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would also disinfect your hamper to kill the mold it's harboring. You may have to do this periodically.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Have you tried to soak it in vinegar? I'm not sure what you should do.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I always use color-safe bleach for laundry (in case I spill)... would that be an option? I'm sure it depends on the fabric and all.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PB&J I will try the lemon juice, thanks.

AmyMCGS- I tried color safe bleach once before when this happened and it didnt work.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I washed my two shower curtains and they had some mold on them. I used vinegar and regular laundry soap. It worked great!!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
If the lemon juice doesn't work, try peroxide. It won't bleach the color, just kill the mildew. I've gotten even peach and mustard stains out of colored clothes with peroxide.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Letting your wash hang out over nightin the dew sometimes takes out mold and mildew too. Smells good too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts