Frugal Village Forums banner

Blank Verse -- Little Girl (by Graci)

670 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  graci42 
#1 ·
I wrote this a few years ago for my dd. She is now 12 going on menopausal...LOL I worry for her.

Little Girl (for Emily)

How can you know love, litte girl?
When you can't decide
what socks to wear with that COOL shirt.
When what you look like
defines who you are.
When friendships depend on
what other people think.

How can you begin to comprehend, little girl?
That loving someone doesn't mean
having to, "GO ALL THE WAY".
That caring for someone doesn't mean
only for as long as they are popular.
That growing up takes longer than
a wink of your eye and a flick of your hair.

By: Graci

See less See more
#2 ·
I love the poem and the wisdom in it ! Thanks Graci ! :angel:

#4 ·
I know it sounds a bit meloncholy...but... how do you ladies deal with your dd's or ds's coming home..."in love"...40 times a week?

How do you let them know that you love them and understand how they feel but in the same instance get them to understand that this is different from adult love?? I'm groping in the dark here!!

HELP!!!!

#6 ·
Graci...my mom tells me that when I was in first grade, I used to come home and exclaim that I was in love! Imagine, I was 7 yrs. old...

I have boys, so I haven't experienced this, but maybe at this young age, they can love of coarse it's not like adults. My little patrick(5) told me once this school year, that he was in love with a little girl in his class, but it was a secret. He truly was fond of her, I could see.

I have girls in 4th grade phoning my Daniel so he will become their boyfriend...maybe it's normal...I don't know...:)

Good luck with your dd!;)

I like your poem....it's very nice.:heartsm:

#7 ·
I know what you mean, Bev...I don't worry near 1/2 as much over my ds. DD seems to be so fragile and dependent emotionally...like she is searching for an anchor. Ds ...he could care less...so long as he's got Mom...who needs anyone else...lol

It's frightening to me to watch my daughter looking to someone else rather than herself to "make her" happy.

Thanks, guys!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.