Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s 3 am and my son wet his bed. Without thinking I put the sheets in the wash with a little detergent and white vinegar and baking soda. Then I put bleach in the bleach area of the machine. Maybe 1/2c. I think this area releases it later on in the cycle and or slowly.

I started the machine. Then I realized what I did. 5 mins later I stopped the load. And the water emptied. Taking with it I don’t know what down the drain. When it finish started the machine again.

I feel fine. But what do I do now? I closed the laundry room door. How long should I keep the machine top closed for? Should I run the load again without opening the top and without adding any more detergent? How do I make sure the sheets are not contaminated?

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
You would have known immediately if any chlorine gas had been produced. You can't breathe it and it starts choking you. I did the same thing accidentally once in college.

Go ahead and run your laundry as usual. It should be safe by now to open the laundry room door.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would have known immediately if any chlorine gas had been produced. You can't breathe it and it starts choking you. I did the same thing accidentally once in college.

Go ahead and run your laundry as usual. It should be safe by now to open the laundry room door.
Ty. So I couldn’t fall asleep for an hour I was worried. But so far so good. I ran the washer three times without opening the top and without adding detergent. Just water. Then … now I’m drying everything.
How scary…. It was 3 am And my only thought was to get everything clean and remove the odor. I forgot my home economics and chemistry classes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts