Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is going to sound rather dumb, but I'm a 24 year old guy so please forgive me!

I am a nurse and usually wear scrubs but I just took a second job doing interfacility transports in an ambulance. Here's my problem...the uniform shirts are white with blue patches on the shoulders. I've washed the shirts a few times with Tide soap and they are starting to look a little dingy. I've never actually bleached anything before and am actually quite terrified of ruining whatever I attempt it on.

How can I do it? Maybe bleach isn't the best way?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I am trying to clean the uniform shirts from the new job. White, collared shirts with blue patches on the shoulders. Like what a cop would wear for a shirt.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
From my years of dealing with scrubs, I've used peroxide on them, bleach, even oxy clean, and they all work pretty good.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I'm sure you already know this but just don't pour the bleach directly onto you're scrubs.

Just whenever you add you're detergent, pour it into the washing machine and it probably wouldn't even be a bad idea to let the washer 'wash' a few mins. before adding in you're clothes.

Also another tip...which again, I'm sure you already know, but for blood stains, peroxide is EXCELLENT, especially if you have acces too to some before the blood gets a chance to dry onto the clothes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, my post probably wasn't very clear. It isn't the scrubs I'm having problems with but the uniform shirts from the new job. White, collared shirts with blue patches on the shoulders. Basically what a cop would wear but in white.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
You don't want the bleach to ruin the blue patches, so I would try a color-safe bleach like Clorox II or a laundry booster like Oxy Clean to brighten up your white shirts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts