Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be the easiest quilt you'll ever make! The beauty of this blossom quilt comes from rag edges and simple squares of homespun fabric. You'll be amazed how fast it comes together!

Materials

Top: 1¼ yd. of homespun fabric in four colors
Flowers: ½ yd. of homespun fabric
Flower Centers: ¼ yd. of homespun fabric
Backing: 4½ yds. of homespun fabric
1 yd. of cotton batting
Tools

thread
basic quilting supplies
sewing machine
Directions Use 1" seams throughout.

For quilt top, cut 16 9" squares from each homespun fabric for a total of 64 squares. Cut 63 6¾" squares from batting. Cut 63 9" squares from homespun for backing.

Make a little quilt sandwich of backing homespun square (right side down), batting square (centered on homespun square) and top homespun square (right side up). Quilt as desired. (We chose to meander quilt.)

Enlarge pattern to desired size and cut out flower motif. We used 15 flowers and scattered them randomly on quilt top squares. Attach motif by quilting within ¼" to edge of flower center and flower.

Stitch 7 squares together (backing sides together) to form row. Stitch using 1" seam allowance. Press all seam allowances open.

Make 9 rows of 7 squares each. Stitch rows together. Press seam allowances open.

Sew 1" around outside edges of quilt.

Clip seam allowances at ½" to ¾" intervals, being careful not to clip into seams.

To fringe seam allowances, wash and dry quilt.

Hint: To avoid clogging drains when fringing quilt, use commercial laundry facilities unless you have a lint trap on your home washer. Check dryer lint trap frequently and remove lint build-up.

Approximate Crafting Time: 8 hrs.
Skill Level: Some sewing experience helpful.

got it here~

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i have seen these and think they are really pretty. I have a pattern from McCalls for one also. LOL, it is another thing on my to do list!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I love that quilt ! I really think it's very pretty and something I could acually do ....... Thanks Alexandria !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I'm adding it to my "make this quilt next" list :p--thanks :)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Thank Alexandria, I love this quilt and it looks so easy and fun! I am definately going to make of these as a gift for next Christmas.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:bump:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts