Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get this in the mail yet??

How can this even be legal???

First off they let you know that there will be a minimun finance charge of $1.50 if your acct is under $1.50?? Of course you can reject that if you follow the special instructions?? WTH?

But now get these others that you cannot reject.

Your payment due date will vary from month to month. I'm guessing they'll hope you screw up and WAH-La -- incur a late fee. Those tricky bstrds!

Along with changes to monthly minimum payments, total mn payment due, foreign transaction fees its impossible to keep it straight.

Luckily I plan on having this darn card paid off before May but this is extra "encouragement". Of course then there will be that $1.50 charged EVERY month with a 0 balance. Def have to fight that one.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If I were paying it off I would also close it immediately before they charged you interest on the 1.50 which will be self defeating in keeping the account open as they will nickel and dime you to death! Yeeeeesh and I thought Chase was bad!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I don't think that's right. I received notification yesterday, and I understood it to read that the minimum finance charge would be $1.50. A lot of cc's make it $.50. So, if you pay off your card each month, there shouldn't be a fee. I don't think it's a $1.50 surcharge.

·
Registered
491 Posts
This is why I refuse to deal with credit cards at all, not understanding the terms and everything is terrifying.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dread the day when CC companies will punish those who pay their balance in full each month so they don't make money from us in interests. At this point, the savvy shoppers take full advantage of cash and other rewards and they don't make money from penalties and ridiculous interest rates. However, those who have CCs should really be vigilant and read whatever new policies they send in the mail and sometimes some policies are written in very tiny print that you need a magnifying lens to read them. Don't just dump them in the trash as junk mail....

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Cancelled BOA. DH was on hold for over 10 minutes due to unexpected high call rate. The woman on the other end of the phone was a little short with him and he had a few words to say like "What part of cancell don't you understand?" "What does it take for you to cancell my card and get me off this d___n phone?" etc. He was a little steamed when he got off the phone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts