Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I love the colors! WTG! Your such a great knitter :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i love it! and the color is fast becomming a favorite of mine. Your needles must be on fire!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
That's a nice looking bag Heather, but I have to ask. What does "Booga Bag" mean???

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
love the color variation. great job. and it didn't take u long to make it.WTG.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I love that bag! How long have you been knitting? That's something I've always wanted to try, but since I can't seem to even sew anything, I figured I was I was a lost cause! LOL

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been knitting for about 4 yrs. But my daughter who's not yet 15 is attempting this. It's not that difficult. There's no increaseing or decreasing or patterns to really memorize. It's a garter stitch bottom (knit every row) and the body of the bag is knit every row in the round (which is stockinette stitch). No purling at all.

The most difficult part (and it's not that difficult) is the i-cord strap. But there are videos at Knittinghelp.com that show you how to do everything this pattern calls for. Picking up stitches, knitting in the round, and i-cord.

ETA: I cannot sew to save my life. In fact, this morning I finally gave in and sewed up the crotch to my favorite sweat pants. I have been wearing holey crotched sweat pants for nearly 6 years :blush:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I love it! Nice job.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ETA: I cannot sew to save my life. In fact, this morning I finally gave in and sewed up the crotch to my favorite sweat pants. I have been wearing holey crotched sweat pants for nearly 6 years

Yankee, All I can say is that last comment made my day and I'm glad I'm not the only one who has holey sweats!!!! LOL. My absolute favorite pair have holes EVERYWHERE, but just can't seem to toss them. I got them when I was pregnant with my daughter who is now 12.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I love the colors!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I've been knitting for about 4 yrs. But my daughter who's not yet 15 is attempting this. It's not that difficult. There's no increaseing or decreasing or patterns to really memorize. It's a garter stitch bottom (knit every row) and the body of the bag is knit every row in the round (which is stockinette stitch). No purling at all.

The most difficult part (and it's not that difficult) is the i-cord strap. But there are videos at Knittinghelp.com that show you how to do everything this pattern calls for. Picking up stitches, knitting in the round, and i-cord.

ETA: I cannot sew to save my life. In fact, this morning I finally gave in and sewed up the crotch to my favorite sweat pants. I have been wearing holey crotched sweat pants for nearly 6 years :blush:

OMG, LOL The holey sweats sounds just like me.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I love this bag! You did a great job :). I might have to consider this for a personal knitting project later this year. I am still working on scarves :). I like that the bag pattern doesn't have any purl stitches (I find those stitches to be time consuming).

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Heather,

It's so cute!! You did a great job!! I love to see your projects.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts