Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am way overdue to post all my books for July, but here is the August thread for those of you who are on top of things. ;)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I would like to finish 10 books for August.

Right now I am reading:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Investing Like A Pro for Canadians
Total Money Makeover
Heal Your Body by Louise L. Hay
Saving Money with the Tightwad Twins by Ann and Susan Fox

This week I'm reading these ones so I can quiz the twins on them:
A to Z Mysteries : The Absent Author
Clue Jr #6
Einstein Anderson and the Wings of Darkness
The Fourth Floor Twins and the Silver Ghost Express

I just finished The Complete Tightwad Gazzette by Amy Dacyczyn, but I wil probably read through it again also.
There might be more later but I have to go to the library first.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I don't know how much time I will have for reading. I have been trying to make more time for this, I do enjoy it. I will say that I will read 3 books for August. I would like to read the Jan Karon Mitford Series, if I can find them at the library.

1) At Home In Mitford
2) A Light In the Window
3) These High, Green Hills

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I would like to finish 10 books for August.
I have finished these books

Total Money Makeover
Saving Money with the Tightwad Twins by Ann and Susan Fox
Financial Freedom Without Sacrifice by Talbot Stevens

3 down, 7 to go!!:cheergrl:

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I am perpetually reading "The Complete Tightwad Gazette" -- I take it with me everywhere and read it all the time. :p I'm also working on "The Mysteries of Udolpho" and "The Complete Idiots Guide to Frugal Living" which is ok, but nothing I haven't already learned.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I'd like to read 3-4 books this month. I just finished reading Angels and Deamons by Dan Brown. I just started Jewel by Brett Lott today. I've got tons of books to get started on. I'm carrying the Complete Tightwad Gazette around with me right now too. I'm going through it some when I have time at work, during lulls in the day.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Oh boy--I have already read about eight books for the month. I forgot to keep track of them, but will try to recall!

All by Lauraine Snelling:

An Untamed Land
A New Day Rising
A Land to Call Home
The Reaper's Song
Tender Mercies
Blessing in Disguise

Jane Kirkpatrick's latest about the Aurora colony (about five miles form here, plus she's a local author! It's caled "A Clearing in the Wild".

Plus two romances by Eloisa somebody--can't remember her last name! One is Midnight Pleasures and the other is (I think) Passion's Pleasures.

I am currently reading "A Dream to Follow" in the next Lauraine Snelling series and "Too Darn Hot" by Sandra Scoppettone. It's about a "girl dick" (in her words) in NYC during WWII. Next on the list as the latest Phryne Fisher book!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
So far this month I have read:

Along Came a Spider - James Patterson
Kiss the Girls - James Patterson

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I just finished these books:

1. Total Money Makeover (loved it)

2. Saving Money with the Tightwad Twins by Ann and Susan Fox(some great tips and recipes)

3. Financial Freedom Without Sacrifice by Talbot Stevens(lots of info for Canadians)

4. Silent Night by Mary Higgins Clark(Love all her books)

5. Free Parking by Alan Dickson(interesting, different way of looking at life and retirement)

6. Dollars for Retirement by George D. Cormack(too technical)

4 more books to go!!!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I just Finished "Memoirs of a Geisha" It was good.

I have also read the Total Money Makeover and Financial Peace Revisited. How could I forget those two?

I am also reading "Farmer Boy" to my little girls before bedtime.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I just finished these books:

1. Total Money Makeover (loved it)

2. Saving Money with the Tightwad Twins by Ann and Susan Fox(some great tips and recipes)

3. Financial Freedom Without Sacrifice by Talbot Stevens(lots of info for Canadians)

4. Silent Night by Mary Higgins Clark(Love all her books)

5. Free Parking by Alan Dickson(interesting, different way of looking at life and retirement)

6. Dollars for Retirement by George D. Cormack(too technical)

4 more books to go!!!
I put my back out so yesterday I spent all day laying on the couch(couldn't sit up) so I finished 2 more books(I read very fast).

7. Advance To Go by Alan Dickson(follow up to Free Parking)

8. He Sees You When You're Sleeping by Mary Higgins Clark

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I read Dead Watch by John Sandford, and am now onto Shadow Prey by him as well. Love to read!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I LOVE John Sanford.. I like the Prey books the best..

I haven't picked out books yet for August, I was thinking of the new James Patterson novel and now that Amy has mention John Sanford, I think I will grab one of those too

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I've read:

Beach Road by James Patterson and Peter de Jonge
The Husband by Dean Koontz

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I am so bad, I do not enjoy reading a lot, but right now I am reading aloud to my daughter (three year old), Little House in the Big Woods. That is going to be the extent of my reading for the month of August. Next month I will more than likely continue the series... I tend to like historical fiction and stories about history... Any how happy reading ladies.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Bonnie, I too love historical fiction books. Do you have any suggestions of books to read in that catagory?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Thanks so much Lori! I've built up some credits on paperbackswap.com now, so I'll have to check her books out.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
In August, I have read:

Night Watch John Sanford
Eyes of Prey John Sanford
The Devil's Code John Sanford

and am about to start Promise Me by Harlan Coben

1 - 20 of 22 Posts