Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1021 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This month, I am going to try to finish the book I HOPED to finish in November (Collapse) and also read The Great Mortality by John Kelly. It is a book about the black death - very festive. :D

So my goal is 1.5 books. :)

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
December is sure to be a busy month for me. I am going to read at least one book, hopefully two. We'll see.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Not much 'quiet time' scheduled for me...

One book is all I think I can handle in December too. (Two if you count 'Twas the Night Before Christmas :toothy:)

I'm not sure what book it will be, I have to go through my box... :ponder: something short for sure.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I am a bit disappointed in the number of books I got through last month (I think it was only 4). I am hoping to get through at least 8 this month. Maybe more.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I am going to try for 2 books again this month.

1. Daredevil's Run by Kathleen Creighton
2. Bad Heiress Day by Allie Pleiter

Good Luck Everyone!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just finished my 4th for Nov, but I doubt I'll have enough time to do that again. I'm shooting for 2 this month.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I finished my 6 for Nov. (I need to go back and post that last title) This month will be busy to start out but I am looking foward to some Christmas break days curled in front of the tree with a book. I'll keep it safe and say two. Not sure exactly which two. Maybe that John Saul book that's been hanging out on the back of the bed. I need to make a library run and then I'll go from there.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
My goal will be 4 for the month. "The Shack" is #1, then "The Postcard" and "Sanctuary" by Beverly Lewis. Not sure what the last one will be, will have to decide when I get to it.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm going to get in on this challenge since I missed the November one. I just finished a book yesterday so it's a perfect time to start.

I'm going to shoot for 3 books this month since it is a busy month.

My list
Sister Mine - by Tawni O'dell
Spring Moon - A Novel of Old China - by Bette Bao Lord
Citizen Soldiers - by Stephen E. Ambrose

If I am able to finish those then I will dig through my hoard of unread books and grab a James Patterson or Clive Cussler novel to round out the month.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hello book lovers,

I'm really disappointed in my totals for last month. Only 9 books...

So I'm trying for 15 again this month. I love this challenge!!!!!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
My goal is for 3 this month because I am super busy at work and at home.

1. Summer by Karen Kingsbury
2. High Noon by Nora Roberts
3. The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm new to book club, but love having a reading goal! I'm going to shoot for 6 in December. I'll announce titles as I go if that's allowed. Library stacks usually go something like "20 for the kids, 3 for me" and one of the three is a cookbook!

Book 1 for December: The Devil in Music by Kate Ross

·
Registered
144 Posts
Another place on FV to have a goal, love it!

My goal is to finish "Happier" and read "The Shack" and start a third to be named later.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was in training (or driving my way to/from training) for eleven hours yesterday, but I did get a bit read in The Great Mortality. I'm in the middle of Chapter 2.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I didn't get anything read last month.

This month I will try for two.

Need to look through my stash.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am setting a goal of 4 for the month but will revise if needed. :) . I started Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik this morning. It is starting off great, I can't wait to get further into it. I am going to purchase Pagan Stone by Nora Roberts, the final book in the Blood Brothers trilogy, this weekend and so that will be the next on my list. After that I will peruse the stacks of books that I have waiting to be read in my home library for my next book.

1 - 20 of 1021 Posts