Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do folks feel about friendly summertime book exchange? The way this would work is you'd send off a used book, and maybe a small gift like a bookmark or some lemonade mix, and would in return receive a book from someone else. Folks will have the opportunity to indicate what they enjoy reading.

If there is sufficient interest I'll write up rules and ask for names.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
cookbooks

I think it would be a great idea but not for me. Now if there was a cookbook exchange!! but I would start another thread for that,dont want to hijack.

·
Registered
439 Posts
You could just do a book exchange with everyone listing an Iso in search of list. Like I only read financial, frugal and DIY books. So a romance novel to me would not be something I am interested in. But a frugal cookbook I would be! I would be interested if that was the case. I just finished Jon acuff's book that I can not remember the entire name. I think it was what Dave Ramsey taught me and 37 other things I learned. It was good for a laugh but not much new for me since I am almost done with baby step #2. It would be great for someone who is newer to getting out of debt. I also will have the complete tightwad gazette I will be done with soon.

·
Registered
549 Posts
shipping books (or anything really) is so expensive in canada...so it wouldn't be worth it for me.

but, i'd love to be part of some kind of book club or reading group.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Sounds like a good thing...but I would not be interested as I have a local bookstore in which I trade in my books.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts