Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Little Miss is going to horse camp ( grandma is chipping in to help pay Yeah!)

So she needed boots and had a dream pair in mind. I gave a lecture about how fantasies and reality don't often met, espcieally where a budget is required. Sometimes you have to settle for things that works (functional) and fit the budget even if they look like boys stuff.

Big Sigh

Final stop goodwill. A pair of girl leather lace up roper boots in the perfect size and just the right amount of growing room. $8.99 Just put out this week.

She was so happy! I ask if they were her fantasy dream boots. She replied only if the had a flower or butterfly embroidered on them. lol
Yeah, I saw that $100+ pair of boots at the ranch store too.

They were close enough to perfect to make a huge smile and her wanting to wear them around the house. She should fit in happily at camp in girl ropers.

I say bonus the leather is already supple with broken in comfort. Now that is my dream pair of boots.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
WTG! :cheergrl:

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Wonderful! I love when that happens!

When I was a kid I was horse crazy. I can't imagine how much fun I'd have had at horse camp. I'm happy for your little girl that she gets to go!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wonderful! I love when that happens!

When I was a kid I was horse crazy. I can't imagine how much fun I'd have had at horse camp. I'm happy for your little girl that she gets to go!
It is a week long sleep away camp. So horses everyday. They also get to do typical camp things too.

It is a thrive need for her and we pinched and will pinch pennies to provide our half. Grandma ( my mom) is paying half and offered to pay it all but we (Hubby and I) thought that was a bit unfair.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
that is a great find! dd is doing a horse and regular day camp for 7 weeks and then one week sleep away w/ no horses involved. i havent even begun to look the gear we are in need of!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is a great find! dd is doing a horse and regular day camp for 7 weeks and then one week sleep away w/ no horses involved. i havent even begun to look the gear we are in need of!
Your dd has a full summer.

It takes awhile to gather up needed stuff.

I just remembered that she would need jeans for everyday at horse camp.so she needed some more jeans. We went looking today and found many name brand jeans including justice jeans at the Goodwill. Picked out two that she liked the best. both justice. One was $1.79 the other was $2.69

1 - 7 of 7 Posts