Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember this thread from Tuesday?

So hurt, I don't know whether to scream or cry (long) - Frugal Village Forums

Well here is the update: Rett confronted her prior to her closing last night and she denied it all. He told her that he wasn't accusing her and that he asked everyone that was in the store on Friday if they new anything about it. He asked for an explanition and here's what she said (and yes we laughed about that when he called me last night.)

Rett: What do you think happened?
Angie: Well we leave the back door open while I smoke and when the weather is nice, maybe someone came in and took them.
Rett:You mean to tell me someone came in, went thru all of our packages found the bags that looked like clothes and jewelry, cut them opened took threw the bags in our trash and left with the items and you didn't hear a thing?
Angie:Well maybe I was at Subway.....duh

Then this morning I get a call.....the registers and the small 4 x 4 x 6 safe were missing....not just the contents the whole thing. But the 2 new expensive computers we work from, the lobby comuter, the back of house computer, and the copiers as well as all our inventory wasn't touched.

(Oh yeah, and the furniture the owner brought her on Feb 3rd and said she could have for her kids, was missing too....lol

Oh yeah did I mention there was no forced entry meaning someone had to have a key or the after hours punch code that the employees and mail box holders have.....hmmmmm

·
27,948 Posts
Wow. Criminal charges may be pending I see.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Unbelievable, I do agree with Darlene...

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
This smells very fishy to me. Looks like Angie is a disgruntled ex employee seeking revenge.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't know whether its a good thing or a bad one but I'll have a heck of a lot of overtime on the next 2 pay periods as one ends this Saturday and the other one ends two weeks later and it will be at least that long til we can get someone in here and trained.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Oh wow. I hope she gets caught and thrown her butt in jail.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I too hope they catch her and throw her butt in jail, she can't be allowed to get away with this.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
What does the owner think? Can they prove she did it? It sure sounds like she did since she took the items they said she could have for her kids and there was no forced entry. Did he ever fire her or is she still an employee?

·
Registered
579 Posts
A police report will be made, and likely the manager will give the name of the suspect. Sometimes a visit from law enforcement, just asking around, will make someone scared, unless they do not have a conscience. Which kinda sounds like a possibility here. Some people! Wow.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She is fired, and we have one set of store keys. We are waiting on the other set and her uniforms. I brought the deposit and the bills home with me tonight and all that is left in the store tonight is the loose change that was in the register. (We still had the old register drawer from the old computers we got rid of in Dec so at least we were able to put the money somewhere...lol

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Boy, is she bold or what? She should have known she would get caught!

·
Registered
195 Posts
i think stupid
can i tell you a story many many years ago when i was young and naive looking something similar happeneed with me i worked on the top floor (ran it actually ) of a toy store i was the one of three full timers the others all worked two day each, all married with kids part timeer older(to me ) ladies long story short everyone was taken in by the police and all let out every ones home was searched when i went back to work (we were all suspended) i was told that my staff number was used on the till on a monday ( my day off ) and items were JUST WALKING OUT OF THE DOOR they told me they knew i had not done anything wrong but they was loosing so much something had to be done , that was nearly 20 years ago and i still dont trust the people i work with now .i dont chat ,go out with treat as FRiends ect ect yes you feel bad BUT YOU DID NOTHING WRONG jo

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow some nerve! You will have to us let us know what happens!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am amazed at the thought patterns of criminals. Sheesh it sounds like she might have a career as a leading actress in America's Stupidest Criminals.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I think the police should have been called and everyone investigated.You never know...............

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The police were called and the detective was here today and we have statements from customers that experienced problems with her over the past week. The detective said he would be back in touch with us as soon as he got up with her.

So far today 3 of her friends have come in looking for her and called here for her and wondered why she wasn't here today and they all said, I went by her house, and she isn't there and I keep calling and she won't answer or won't call anyone back.

Our book keeper (who is here about 3 day's a week paying invoces as they come in) asked if we thought it was in retaliation of the fact that no taxes were taken out on her due to all her deductions and the fact that she barely broke 25 hours a week, and her mom and step dad have custody of her kids and they told her she couldn't claim them so she was going to have to pay taxes this year. All I can say is who knows where she was coming from.

Rett started looking at refunds and Feb. alone under her register id there was over $700 and they were all on day's that she was the closer. Also There was a Saturday that she worked where she did no cash sales, and one day when she was the only one here the cash deposit was only 8 cents, but at the same time there was a $78 refund for a NDA Package...so we pulled that shipping log and there wasn't a package that cost that much and nor were any packages voided off.

From now on, we have to call him as soon as we do a refund and we have to have the customer sign them as well.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Wow, that is unbelievable. I can't believe she would steal like that and expect to get away with it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts