Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS#1 is still sick with the stomach flu and is trying hard to keep food down. He has eaten very, very little since Friday night. When I say little, I mean half a bowl of chicken noodle. He has consumed more liquid today than he has in the last 2 days. I am hoping he continues to improve, but he is still so weak. He hardly ever gets sick and NEVER misses school, so I know he is really sick. He believes in perfect attendance!!

DS#2 went to the doctor today because I thought he was having trouble with his asthma. He said he feels pressure in his chest. The doctor said he has an upper respitory infection and put him on some meds. They don't seem to supress his cough like they are suppose to because he has not had a moment of rest since he has taken it.....6 hours ago. He is only suppose to take it 2 times a day, so I think I will go give it to him again.

I hope they both are able to get a good night's rest and feel better in the morning.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Michelle I hope your kids feel better soon. Poor things.
HHHUUUGGGSSSS
I know its not nice to have the flu bug and respiratory probs take longer to clear up and have to be more careful. Mine anyway for cold drafts.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I hope your kids get to feeling better soon. Having the stomach flu is the pits.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I hope that your kids are feeling better by now. Having asthma must be a scary thing, I hope they are on the mend soon. Sending you hugs!

G

·
Hint on keeping fluids down - my mom always gave me popsicles as a kid when I was sick and dehydrated - and I STILL eat popsicles myself as an adult when I have the same problem. I don't bother with the special Pedialyte popsicles, just the generic store brand.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the well wishes. They are both feeling better today than yesterday, but DS#3 still has a pretty bad cough.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Yuck, I feel bad for all of you. It is stressful when your kids don't feel wel. Hopefully, they are over the hump, and on their way to feeling better. Sending you hugs!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts