Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my jeans had a blow out. The jeans I paid full price for at the Walmart in September had a blow out the fabric wore thin and just split into a hole. Still shaking head on that one.

So I head to the Goodwill for a replacement. The pair I found was A Liz Claiborne pair of jeans. and they were half off today. Add the 10% discount I get with my card and they were

$1.80

A better pair of jeans for about 90+% less than the full price jeans I bought 6 months ago.

I also bought a pair of jean shorts for this summer. they were full price, well full goodwill price minus my 10% discount so $2.69.

Reactions: nuisance26

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
awesome find! I try to buy my boys' clothes secondhand too because I can find name brand stuff cheaper than brand new cheap brands. Plus I can easily sell them when they outgrow!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Fantastic deal!

Reactions: imagine

·
19,119 Posts
Great shopping!!!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe the quality of walmarts clothing has gone down hill. Not that it was ever the best but still
I agree

5 months for a pair of jeans? I remember having some that lasted 5 years.

I also bought a sweat shirt jacket. same brand from the same wal-mart just several years apart.

one has lasted years and still looks nice the other looked worn out after a few months. now I just wear the older one as it looks newer.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I believe the quality of walmarts clothing has gone down hill. Not that it was ever the best but still
I agree! I got some " Elle Magazine" shoes once and some fantastic Danskin sneakers for my running. Always got compliments on some of the fantastic cute shoes, and running shoes I got for a tremendous price. No one ever believed I got them at Walmart. Must have just lucked out with my location, selection or something. I could get some cute clothes to mix and match with my suits, work out clothes etc once again no one would ever believe I shopped there. At one time I use to be in fashion industry and could put things together to have a unique look.

NOW......... the quality doesn't last, horribly put together and well.....ugg....plastic running shoes. What are they thinking??? I know people are saving , having money issues etc but when you go plastic , ugly and only a few dollars I go elsewhere not worth my time or money. I was so disappointed to say the least. But have my new haunts for cute looks great price....lol

·
8,714 Posts
~Awesome deal!
I've never bought jeans at WM. 5 months to wear them out is ridiculous! Or were you out roping steer in those dungarees? :crackup:
Buying jeans is tricky. Pairs I've bought new have lasted 3-6 years(at $20-40ea). Mostly I buy used and they last 1- 4 years($4-10ea). It seems that with my price range and wear range that they're *about* the same value. I do buy better jean brands though just at GW or Marshall's.
One thing for sure I've learned is to never buy "seconds" jeans. They are wonky within 1 year of wear. Urg!~

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
That's awesome good! Wow!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
~Awesome deal!
I've never bought jeans at WM. 5 months to wear them out is ridiculous! Or were you out roping steer in those dungarees? :crackup:
Buying jeans is tricky. Pairs I've bought new have lasted 3-6 years(at $20-40ea). Mostly I buy used and they last 1- 4 years($4-10ea). It seems that with my price range and wear range that they're *about* the same value. I do buy better jean brands though just at GW or Marshall's.
One thing for sure I've learned is to never buy "seconds" jeans. They are wonky within 1 year of wear. Urg!~
Just wrangling a 10 year old and 14 year old.

I think that is called being a taxi driver LOL Mom's taxi

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh Joy! my $1.80 jeans are so comfortable. They feel like I'm wearing sweat pants ( take that back they are more comfortable then the last round of sweatpants I have bought):tay::tay:

I washed them yesterday and they washed up beautifully. I noticed today that they are 100% cotton. Definitively a plus to me:tay:.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
WTG! I'd definitely stick w/GW or other thrift/consignment stores after only 5 months of wear from the Walmart one. I buy most of my jeans second hand. Love the price & seem to have less problems w/fit. Today I have on my Gap jeans I purchased for $1 earlier this year at a thrift store!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just discovered the joys of my local Goodwill. Sat morning I bought my hubby 3 pairs of shorts and I got 3 pairs of pants for $15. I couldn't but a brand new pair at that price!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.