Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a very emotional time at our house last night. DD18's DBoyfriend of 2 years broke up with her. They broke up about 6 months ago and got back together after a few weeks. She is so crazy about this guy. It is not going to be an easy time.

She has had so many things go wrong for her this year. She started a new job at a daycare and has been sick twice. So sick she had to go to the doctor both times and was out of work for a week each time, also missed some of her college classes. One morning, on the way to college, it was pouring down rain, pratically flooding. She rear-ended another car. Messed up her car which is in the process of being repaired so we have been short a vehicle. She borrowed her DSister's car to go visit her DBoyfriend and the alternator went out on the car on her way back home. She was 20 minutes from home. We had to have the car towed. DH was able to fix this himself. In the meantime, she was driving my car and turned too quickly backing out of the garage and broke my headlight. She was failing a difficult class at college and her advisor advised her to drop it. She did. Now her Daddy (my ex) is riding her hard about college. He pays half and I pay half and he is not happy that he is having to fork out this money.

I don't know what else could go wrong for her. If you are the praying kind, please say one for her. Otherwise, we can use all the good thoughts and vibes you can send our way! Thanks.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
My 19 yr old ds just got dumped by his g.f. He was in a sad state. I asked him how college was going the other day and he just says everythings "OK" This is a boy who made the deans list...Maybe my son and your dd could get together. LOL

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Many prayers.Also for you as her mother...its really hard to watch your child go through difficult times...we naturally want to make things better & sometimes we just can't. Time is the best healer & she will get through this eventually.Hugs for you both.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Aww, I'm sorry! :shake: Your daughter will be in my prayers for things to start looking up real soon! Poor baby! :hugz: to her!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
My dau @ the age of 15 started to date this guy. Went with him thru out most of her high school years. Then about 22/23 she finally dumped him, (yeah) and now will tell you @ 28--she wasted her teenage years on him. Be careful what you say to her right now...might backfire.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Will send up prayers for your dd. I hope her years turns around soon! Poor thing!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. She has actually held up better today than I thought she would. I hope it's not the calm before the storm.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
((((hugs)))) to you and your family. 18 can be such a rough age, hopefully things will smooth out for her soon!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Oh man, that's tough!!
((((hugs))))

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
OH, I'm so sorry she's going through such a rough time. Prayers going out for her.

My ds's girlfriend of two years broke up with him in college. He sounded so bad on the phone when he called us, and he was there at school (300 miles away) and nothing we could do for him. You worry so much, I know.

I hope your exH gets off her back too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I will certainly be praying for your DD and your whole family *hug*

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I know this is hard, I also just read that she took him back. I just wanted to give you a :hugz: b/c I know this is hard on mom too. Be vewy cawefuwel what you say now as (I know from experience) it can and will be used against you at a later date ;). It only took me once to learn my lesson but OUCH it was a tough one. Just hold her (if the reunion doesn't work out and it probably won't...from the sounds of it) and remember it's better now than in 2-3 years and kids down the road :(.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, guys. They are together at the moment but it gets rocky from time to time. Her luck did improve though... LOL. It just seemed everything was going wrong for her all at one time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts