Frugal Village Forums banner

Branson, MO at Christmastime (warning: long)

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MomK 
#1 ·
The day after Christmas we're going on a little family get-away to Branson, MO. Our main objective is to hit the after-Christmas sales, and just get out of town for a couple of days. DH closes his business for the week between Christmas and New Year's, so he's on vacation!

The kids want to go to the "Dixie Stampede." It's a dinner and show with live horses and other animals. For all 5 of us it's going to cost $200. Yikes! I'm trying to decide: do I bite the bullet and just do it?

Dinner out would cost around $90-100 if everyone ordered entrees and soft drinks, then a separate show would cost around $30 each ($150 total). So really the $200 is not too bad. The exchange program will reimburse us for our student's ticket, so that lowers the cost a little.

I won't buy anything at the malls. (Even at after-Christmas prices, their stuff is too steep for me. Plus, there's nothing I need from there anyway!) DD will have gift cards, so she'll use those. The exchange student and DS have their own money.

So, I guess I just talked myself into going to the Dixie Stampede with my family. It should be fun!

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Search around and see if you can find a deal online . . . honestly Dixie Stampede is the one things my 4 year old goes on and on and on about from when we went this Spring. It is expensive, but for the enjoyment (there is even a free pre-show in the carriage house if you arrive 45 minutes earlier than your show time) it is WELLLLL worth it. HTH. Have fun in Branson. We loved it!

#4 ·
Branson is an awesome place! And your professional entertainment is probably cheaper than almost any other place in the US. With that said,though, I'm not adverse to finding bargains.

Here's what we do: We go to timeshare presentations. For sitting and listening to a pitch on buying a timeshare, we usually get tickets to a show, plus a meal for free. We just say no thank you to the pitch, and they give us the tickets.

#5 ·
I love Dixie Stampede, it's a great meal and show plus the pre show. When you consider the price of everything separatley (like you did) it's not all that expensive. And for a once in a while thing like this, why not?? Hope you have a great time, I love Branson at Christmas!

Are you going to Silver Dollar City? Sometimes you can get package deals since they're owned by the same company.

#6 ·
Back from Branson, MO

We made it back from Branson on Sunday afternoon. We had a great time! We ended up not going to the Dixie Stampede after all. We went to the "Amazing Pets" show at the Grand Country Theater, saw "Bedtime Stories" at the IMAX theater, and saw "Marley & Me" at the regular cinema. Everyone had fun, and there were no complaints.

The hotel had a Continental style breakfast, and we ate a big lunch and a snack supper. Again, no complaints!

All in all it was a great time. I recommend the Honeysuckle Inn for value and for its location for anyone visiting Branson.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.