Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I LOVE my bread store! We don't eat a lot of bread (my kids aren't big on sandwiches) but I stop there once a week (after I hit the meat market where I get fresh extra-lean ground beef for $2.09 a pound).

We really like those onion buns for our burgers and at the bread outlet they are half the cost of anywhere else. One time, they were running a special on them (2/$1.00!). They're close to $3.00 at WalMart (the last time I looked; might be higher now). The other day, all they had were the onion buns that normally go to Arby's (yum!) and she sold me a huge package (I think there were 24 buns) for $1.50! Unfortunately, I don't have a freezer yet and some will probably go to waste (to the chickens and ducks) before we can eat them all.

They will also sell a big garbage can of mixed products for animal feed for $7.00. I bought a half a can for $4.00 and was amazed at what I had! A wide variety of stuff (a lot I wouldn't normally buy) that would have maybe an end crushed or maybe the middle got crushed but still plenty of human-edible food. They tear the bags to discourage human consumption (you also have to sign a form stating you are buying it for animal feed...yeah, the two-legged variety!).

When I get a freezer, I'm going to buy the full-size can for $7.00 and sort through it and re-bag the stuff I want for us, freeze it, and give the rest to the birds.

I have a once-a-week "route" that includes the meat market, Goodwill, the bread store, Grocery Outlet (occasionally), WalMart (if I have to), Home Depot (occasionally). Luckily, it's all on a convenient circle and I have to be in the area twice a week, anyway, for therapy on my hand.

Janis

·
Registered
352 Posts
I just got back from the Sara Lee outlet store with 6 loves of honeywheat, 4 loves of cinnamon raisin bread, and 1 package of hamburger buns. That should last us for the month. I don't know what I would do if we didn't have these stores..........I know what my strengths are and making loaves of bread is not one of them. :toast: It's about 35 minutes away from me so I am only able to make it up there once it awhile and always combine it with other trips.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
LOL< forgive me. I am laughing because in the OP, all I see is stuff about spam. Everyone else seems to be able to read it well. I have no idea where you shopped or anything. THe reply posts cme up fine (except the one that quoted the OP)

·
Registered
437 Posts
OMG I thought I was going nuts! I've been seeing the spam thing too, on various posts, not just one person. What IS that??

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I was wondering when someone else was going to notice the spam too. I can't imagine what set the filter off on that posting.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
LOL< forgive me. I am laughing because in the OP, all I see is stuff about spam. Everyone else seems to be able to read it well. I have no idea where you shopped or anything. THe reply posts cme up fine (except the one that quoted the OP)
LOL me too Missy. I was scratching my head over that one.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I think bread outlets are great for larger families but for mine, I end up buying items that I would not normally buy and often a bit of the "snack" items as well. Cupcakes and the like. So I actually lose money if I stop at one! LOL

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
The wonder bread outlet here is as high as the stores.
I can get it cheaper at Aldi's
We have a Friehoffer's outlet up here. The bread is cheaper at Aldi AND the commissary. The only things I get there are specialty things that Aldi & the commissary don't carry, like 12 grain bread or whole wheat english muffins, or french toast bread/texas toast.

btw, I see all the extra "typing sp*m" stuff too :rolleyes:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
That's funny, because when I originally replied to this thread, the spam filter hadn't kicked in. Now I see the spam stuff, too. LOL! I wonder what was in that post that set it off? :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.