Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me a breakfast casserole recipe? Items I can use....eggs, potato, onion, bell pepper, cheese, skim milk, seaonings, bacon or sausage, bread....it sounds like all the right ingredients....I have inlaws coming in tonight and need something good, that doesnt require alot of work.....I would like to prep this tonight....

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I fill my 13 by 9 pan with cubed bread - any kind. White is good, and a little leftover cornbread makes is fabulous. My standard is a couple of sliced mushrooms and some diced onion - saute'ed, some kind of breakfast meat, cooked (ham, bacon, sausage) and a couple cups of shredded cheese.. Mix all of that in with the bread. I then whisk together a dozen eggs, about a cup of milk or half and half and a good shot of hot sauce. Pour the milk/egg mixture over the stuff in the pan and kind of squash it down gently to makle sure all of the bread gets soaked. Sprinkle a little more cheese on the top, and bake at 350 for half an hour or so.

If you use a glass pan, you can tell when it is done in the middle more easily by looking at the bottom to make sure it's a little browned.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
I found this blog last week when looking for breakfast ideas: Craving > 6 Easy Baked Egg Breakfast Cups | foodiecrush

There are a number of breakfast "muffin" type recipes there. The ham and cheese egg cups looked really good, and the potato and egg cups are genius, and the egg and spinach cups look so healthy... You could do a whole buffet of different types of breakfast cups with very little effort using the ingredients you have.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think its usually called Christmas Morning casserole. Try and Google that and you'll see a ton of variations come up. Basically though its egg and milk poured over a casserole dish containing mushrooms, onions bread and sausage. Sprinkle some cheese on it and bake it until it looks golden.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts