Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some suggestions for my sons birthday party breakfast, i'll be feeding 20people and i want to do as much prep as possible thursday night/friday during the day.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I totally agree on the breakfast casserole thing. I've feed up to 50 people at church and just made up a bunch of casseroles the night before, then you just stick them in the oven in the morning. They usually take about an hour to cook. There are tons of recipes for them.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Crockpot Western Omelet Casserole

A co-worker makes this frequently for our "food" days. It cooks overnight, and is so delicious!

1 32 oz bag of frozen hash brown potatoes
1 lb of cooked bacon, drained and diced or 1 lb cooked ham, cubed
1 med diced onion
1 diced green pepper
1-1/2 c. shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
1 doz eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

Layer hash browns, then bacon, then onion/pepper, then cheese. Repeat two or three times ending with cheese. Beat eggs, milk and salt/pepper. Pour over the mixture. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Brainyblonde- what a great casserole for holidays. Im thinking christmas morning.Just pop it in when you go to bed and in the morning a hot breakfast is waiting.

Although I must say it does sound like a diet buster.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
A co-worker makes this frequently for our "food" days. It cooks overnight, and is so delicious!

1 32 oz bag of frozen hash brown potatoes
1 lb of cooked bacon, drained and diced or 1 lb cooked ham, cubed
1 med diced onion
1 diced green pepper
1-1/2 c. shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
1 doz eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

Layer hash browns, then bacon, then onion/pepper, then cheese. Repeat two or three times ending with cheese. Beat eggs, milk and salt/pepper. Pour over the mixture. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.
Hrm...how low is low temp wise?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts