Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried giving their pets this? Our neighbor was raving that she hasn't seen any ticks on her dog since she's been giving her brewers yeast & garlic. Looking online gives you a mixed bag of answers so I'd like to hear from other people I "know" what they've experienced. That's you, lol. Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I give mine Brewer's Yeast Tablets. He thinks they are treats. All of our dogs growing up all received them as well. They do seem to help. As far as garlic I don't know too much about that.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Darlene!! hi!! I have heard the same thing but I have never tried it. My Cricket goes out long enough to do her business and run around a little. We have only found one tick on her. We ended up getting frontline from our vet and havent found any more on her. Thank goodness!!

I really am not impressed with the frontline and am looking for healthy alternatives for my baby girl!!

Thank you much for the post!! Looking forward to hearing from others on this.

Reactions: Darlene

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Fairydana! Your Cricket is a cutiepie, those sweet sweet eyes. :cloud9: We use advantix for the spring/summer months it works well but is pricy. Fleas aren't as much of a problem now (so I use a cheaper brand) but Vet says ticks are very active this time of year.

Lol about them as treats Rissimo, our dog freaks out in a good way with his heartworm pills. Yum , I guess

·
Registered
147 Posts
My pup Rufus has serious flea allergies. We have been trying all of the natural cures, but they just aren't enough for my poor itchy baby. I put him back on his Advantix 3 days ago and can already see the difference!
No red welts, no biting, no scratching keeping us up at night...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts