Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again ladies! Looking for some ideas on a gift for my three bridesmaids. All three are standing in my bridal party and each has a spouse (or is the spouse) who is away for extended periods. One lady is in the military; another's husband is in the military; the third has a husband who works across country for months at a time.

Can anyone suggest a present that all three might find useful while their spouse is away?

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Wow, that's a tough one. I will have to think for awhile on it. I am interested to see what others suggest. :)

Reactions: Nada.Leona

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I have a suggestion but it's naughty. And probably inappropriate. :)

Maybe a travel photo frame? I think the store Things Remembered has them and you could get it engraved to make it more personal.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Why not get them a gift certificate for something that they do when dh is not home; (bookstore; craftstore; bed bath & beyond for someone who likes to cook or bake) A gift certificate for bath and body works is something alot of women like. You could also buy them something and if they don't like the smell they have a very liberal return policy; returns without receipt just because you don't like the fragrance.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Would a prepaid phone card be dumb? (cuz most people have cell phones)
So they can call each other. Or a certificate for a service a DH might do
How about an offer to pet sit or baby sit so they get down time. This is very hard w/o a $$$ amt. Is it alot to have a sexy photo taken for their spouse?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
how about something that you all can do together like a spa day. do any of the ladies have children? you can get them gift passes to the local zoo, aquarium, museum, childrens theater (alot of the plays at childrens theaters are very kids AND parent friendly. - i know that before i would never have tried out any of the local "touristy" places, I thought visiting a museum was mostly for school groups or out of towners. theres so much to do in your local city that we dont even know about.

Reactions: Nada.Leona

·
Registered
469 Posts
I was thinking what mrs mcdowell was thinking ;)

I love the idea of boudoir pictures but not sure of cost. A friend of mine does great b pics for weddings and I think he charges 75 per session plus photos so its price

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I was thinking the naughty idea also.

I like the spa day idea or the "services" idea. Sometimes, free babysitting is a life saver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts