·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Broiled Tilapia

Recipe Description
It's broiled and it has a Parmesan cheese coating. Need I say more?​
Preparation Steps:
I admit that I did not measure much of anything, so this is all an estimate, based on what flavours I like. You can easily change the seasonings to ones you like with excellent results.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
1 hour (with 30 min resting time)​
Ingredients:
4 fresh tilapia fillets
1 c. Half and Half or buttermilk
1 c. flour
3/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese (divided into 1/4 c and 1/2 c.)
salt to taste
pepper to taste
lemon pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
dried basil to taste
onion powder to taste
celery salt to taste
1/4 c. butter, melted
3 T. mayo
2 T. lemon juice​
Serves:
4 normal servings or 2 big portions​
Directions:
Place Half and Half in a shallow dish (1).

Mix 1 c. flour, 1/4 c. cheese, salt, and lemon pepper in another shallow dish (2).

Dredge fillet in Dish 1, then in Dish 2. Make sure both sides are well-coated, then place fillet on rack to rest. Complete with each fillet, placing each on rack. Let rest 20-30 minutes.

Preheat oven to broil.

Mix 1/4 c. butter, 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, mayo, lemon juice, basil, pepper, onion powder, and celery salt in a small bowl.

Grease a 9x13" baking pan and place all four fillets side by side. Cook 2-3" under heating element for 2 minutes. Turn fish and place back in oven to broil for another 2 minutes.

Place a small heaping spoonful of butter/cheese mix on top of each fillet. Spread around a bit, if you want full coverage. Place back under broiler for 3 minutes.

Check for doneness. Fillet should be flaky when poked with a fork. Do not overcook!

Remove and serve - prepare your tastebuds for nirvana.​

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo - I was looking for a good recipe for tilapia and think I've found it!! Sounds wonderful!!

Reactions: madhen

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo for sharing that visual for us!! - especially with the colo of the smilies!!

·
19,119 Posts
You made the right choice!! and got your message across so well. Will be trying your recipe this weekend!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
THANK YOU.....the only thing I can seem to keep dow these days is fish..this sounds DELISH..

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Trying this one for sure, thank you!

·
19,119 Posts
Tilapia was on sale so I picked some up today!!! Will make tomorrow night and cannot wait!! Mahalo!!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm making more tonight!! It turns out that it freezes really well after cooked, so I can just nuke the frozen fillet for about 2 minutes and have a ready-to-eat entree!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tilapia is my favorite, But honestly this is my first time to see a kind recipe for tilapia. Usually we only grilled or fry it. Thank you very much for the recipe.

·
Registered
256 Posts
LOVE THIS!
I have a similar 'recipe' that's fab too...in a bowl mix parm, mayo, garlic, salt, pepper and whatever other seasonings you enjoy then spread on fish and bake.
SOOOO GOOOD and it's one fish that most nonfish eaters will eat!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello buddy,
You have share good one recipe here and also the ingredients are good one in that one.... Butter milk and lemon juice are the good one ingredient's in that recipe... And also many of the benefits out there of both of those.... Thanks allot and keep sharing more one's with all of us...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts