Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had one? I was knitting tonight and my one eye felt funny so I went to the mirror to look at it. There is a huge, clear bubble in the corner and my eye is very bloodshot. It doesn't really hurt, just annoying and it kind of feels as if my eye is falling out of the socket.

I googled and it sounds like some sort of cyst that should be gone within 48 hours.

Has anyone ever experienced a similar symptom and if you did, did you try anything to help it disappear faster?

Thanks!

·
19,119 Posts
Where on earth could that have come from? Yup - call and find out what's going on - would a cool compress help? How does it feel when you close your eyes?

Reactions: Debbie-cat

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm with the others, do have it checked out. My mom let something go and she's loosing her sight now and it was something that could have been helped had she gone sooner. Your eyesight is nothing to fool around with. Hopefully it's nothing and will be gone in a few days.

Stacy

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
When I first got contacts one day I thought I couldn't get one out. I tugged and tugged, just got my eye sore. Went to the doc the next day. I'd been trying to pull the protective clear layer we all have off my eye. Go see your doc!

Judi

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
My mom has worked for an ophthalmologist for 35 years. I developed a little bubble like thing on the white of my left eye a few years ago. It never bothers me and I forget it is there. She said mine was just a little fatty tissue and it's pretty common.

I would not worry too much, but would have it checked out. I am a firm believer in getting the eyeballs checked out on a regular basis, and never hesitate to have them looked at if I have a complaint, problem or issue. Small price to pay for peace of mind.

Good luck! Hope it clears up soon.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would have it checked out as soon as possible just to rule out any potential problems, and to give you peace of mind.

Take care Debbie and please keep us posted!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone!

I am going in today to see my doctor even though it is gone this morning. There was alot of crust around the eye when I woke so maybe it burst?

MM - when my eye was closed, it felt like the eyeball was pushing outward. Weird. Hence my reasoning that it felt like the eye was falling out of the socket. :)

I'll let you all know when I find out in case it happens to anyone else! :)

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Let us know how it goes. Hopefully nothing serious. Last year my one eye was beet red. Have no idea what happened but it was scary looking. Ended up clearing on its own.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Eyes are the fastest organ to heal so glad it's better Debbie-Cat

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
My vote is for an allergic reaction - I've had it before and antihistamine - orally and eye drops - took care of it. But you're right - it is the WEIRDEST feeling.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Please let us know what you find out.....Hope it turns out to be something simple and no further problem

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Hey Deb;
What have you heard? I've had blood vessels pop out, but never anything clear. Eyes do heal very fast. My ds cut his eyeball, they put drops in it and 24 hours later; HEALED. Amazing!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all!!! No real answers today. Have to go for more tests tomorrow. It feels better but has alot of pressure today. Headaches above the eye. I'll let you know more when I do! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts