Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would be great to make on any scale, it's great for kids and adults.... I'll have to have dh make a big one for me and a small one for the kids, I think they would have a great time making these this summer..... You can use scrapes of fabric to make the crafts and that would be very frugal....... I want the kids to have the big enough to make place mats...... They could make them for gifts this Christmas....... Now is a good time to start......

http://www.hallnet.com/build.html

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
That's so neat. I have been thinking of making a loom for loops (bigger than the store bought ones) and using loops of T-shirts to make larger squares and then sewing the squares together for larger projects.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thank you Lori! I have looked at looms so many times for myself and my daughter, and have ordered information through the net on different brands (I eventually want a small table top loom), but have just never gotten around to purchasing one for either of us because I've had other things on the go. The plans look exactly like the starter one I was going to get my daughter from Hearthsong - but what a great idea to make it ourselves for a lot less money and with a lot more pride.

I think this will be a summer project for us. We've already got a small quilting project (travel tic tac toe game) lined up and the material purchased for it, and I think we'll ask DH to help us gather these supplies. Woodworking will be a first for me! LOL

Thanks again! Great find.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Thank you Lori!!! :thanx:

I have always wanted a loom, now maybe dh will make one for me when he is feeling better!! :)

I'm printing the instructions now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts