Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once had a pretty good sized stockpile. Then my BIL stole some of the items. Then we used alot of our items over the hollidays. Then times got tougher and we kept using our stockpile without adding back to it. My dh also keeps giving my bil (his brother) food. So I am back to building my food items back up. I am trying to start with the basics like flour, sugar, salt, oil etc. It seems so daunting....

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
NewLeaf- it really is daunting, but just keep at it. Find what's on sale and buy lots of it, then do the same thing the week after, and continue. It's something Happy Mama taught me and it so works. I have not increased my food budget (couldn't if I wanted to) but my pantry is filling up. The first few weeks we ate some weird stuff, but it's balancing out now.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Daunting but such a blessing when needed, isn't it? Mine has bailed me out several times now, helping me stretch through a really tight month. You can do it!!

Too bad can't convince the hubby to set boundaries with his brother. After stealing items my support would be next to nil. There's food pantries, food stamps, other means for him to get food rather than reaping the benefits of your hard work when he broke your trust already. My aren't I quick to judge? ;)

Hugs to you, keep on stockin' on!

Reactions: wheezie and NewLeaf

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DH has cut bil off for the time being. And I do pick up his food box from the food pantry ea. month for him. He needs to apply for food stamps but won't walk down to the office to do so.....He just calls family members for money or food when he runs out. Ah well......I can't control him, but I can darn well keep my stockpile hidden or locked up from now on.

PPB, I plan on buying a few extra "loss leaders" w/coupons each payday. And I know you are right, it does start to add up.
I guess I started feelling overwhelmed and taken advantage of. Thanks for the encouragement.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
DH has cut bil off for the time being. And I do pick up his food box from the food pantry ea. month for him. He needs to apply for food stamps but won't walk down to the office to do so.....He just calls family members for money or food when he runs out. Ah well......I can't control him, but I can darn well keep my stockpile hidden or locked up from now on.

PPB, I plan on buying a few extra "loss leaders" w/coupons each payday. And I know you are right, it does start to add up.
I guess I started feelling overwhelmed and taken advantage of. Thanks for the encouragement.
Yah, until everyone is on board and makes him stand on his own two feet (assuming he is able to) he'll just keep playing "round robin" to see who will help him. Hugs to you! I don't know if you already do this or not but sometimes our Freecycle folks will offer food. My thought is you could pick up the food for your own stockpile, and then if you end up giving food to him again at least its not ALL out of your own pocket.

Reactions: NewLeaf
1 - 5 of 5 Posts