Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this recipe on the net, last week my family all came to visit, I made a batch of these biscuits and everyone loved them,
the recipe is:-

Condensed Milk Biscuits
makes 7-8 dozen, cook 10 min at 180C

500 grams butter
1 can condensed milk (390-400 gram)
1 cup sugar
5 cups self raising flour
toppings like choc chips, smarties, jam, (make a dint in the biscuit with you thumb and fill the dint with a tsp of jam, any flavour), cinnamon and sugar, walnuts, flaked almonds or drizzle with melted chocolate when cooled.

Cream butter and sugar, add condensed milk.
Stir in flour.
Roll into balls and flatten.
Top with choc chips etc, or thumbprint and add jam for jam drops.

Bake at 180C for approx 10 min until golden brown. cool on racks

I substituted 1/2 c flour for 1/2 dessicated coconut and to vary the biscuits I divided the mix into four, I added choc chunks to
one batch, chopped walnuts and a 1/2 walnut on top to 2nd batch, the third batch I did as Jam drops with a tsp of raspberry jam
in the center and the 4th batch I left as plain coconut biscuits.I think these are the best biscuits I have ever made, they taste amazing
and are really crunchy, I made 6 doz biscuits and I then froze the dough I had left which will make at least 2 doz more cookies
so I think it is a very frugal recipe.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thanks Patricia. I'm baking for a fundraiser next week and will use this recipe. I'll let you know how I go!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.