Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share this. I have bundled service for my phone, cable and internet. I am very happy with the company that I now have. However, a competitor rang my doorbell yesterday, asked what services I had, I told him. He claimed that he could save me $40 a month by switching but that he would have to go back to his office to write everthing up. I said ok if you can beat the price I would consider switching. In the meantime, I called up my current provider, told them I was solicitated (?) and asked them if they could lower my price since the other company said I could save $40 a month. Well after several minutes on hold, they not only lowered my price by $40 a month but also threw in a month for free! It gets even funnier, the competitor called me last night and gave me his price and believe it or not it was $5 more a month than I was originally paying, lol. I asked him what happened to the $40 a month savings? and he said that was the best he could do. I told him thanks but no thanks I am sticking with what I have.

I thought this might be helpful to someone who is looking to lower their monthly bills. It worked for me. PS: the $40 reduction per month is valid for a whole year!

I am now doing the happy dance!

·
27,948 Posts
Wow, you wheeler & dealer you! :thumb:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
We just switched back to cable from satellite and saved about the same. :) The deal is for a year.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
WTG! That is a great savings. You can't beat over $500 in savings (including your free month :dancing: ) for the year. You are a frugal master :D .

·
Registered
426 Posts
That's great!! What a savings!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
wow that's fantastic!!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Banana, Way to go! Don't you just love it when things like that just drop into your lap???

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Banana, can you pm me and tell me what company your talking about? I would love to know how you did it and get a savings with your current bundled provider. :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
What a great deal :)

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Good for you for striking up a deal. Wonder why that other guy changed the price to higher than what you're paying.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well he really didnt change the price. He asked me what services we had and said he could save me $40 a month but never asked me what my monthly bill was.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
WTG! That's awesome!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
awesome!!!!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
HAHAHA, I love how the sales guys can talk the talk but they cant walk the walk. What a score for you! :tay: Great job!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
great plan !! WTg!!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Now that is awesome!! And money you can def bank.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts