1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
This was how I kept my guys from eating out. Only I used fresh potatoes and fried them on the stove top. It would do no good for me to have an average burger and fries at home, they'd still crave the restaurant version. So I sought out copy cat versions of restaurant foods. It did not make the foods any healthier, just less expensive.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Wow! Amazing!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Definitely going to try out that French Fry recipe, our nearest McDonald's is a 6 hour round trip!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
DH just started adding a dash of worchestershire sauce to the garlic and Italian seasonings.

I want to learn how to make fries like Wendy's old fries. The family really liked Wendy's fries and then they changed them. I don't think we have eaten there since.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
zakity - if your family isn't too picky, finely dice up an onion and mix with the w sauce, italian seasoning and garlic powder ;)

I agree, sometimes you just need that comfort of eating some good old blood pressure raising, artery clogging goodness. The bonus of eating out is that you don't have to cook it NOR clean up after - at least for me.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Yeah, they won't do the onion. Actually, some of them would, but not all. The onion sounds good, but we won't get to do that with ours.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for sharing this! I'm a huge fan of burgers and didn't know I was paying that much more for a patty! Plus, if I make it myself I'll know exactly what's in there and can save money in the meantime too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts