Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so eager to do some grilling but it just keeps raining and then some here lately! As soon as it dries out again I'm going to fire up that grill and have me a big ol' juicy burger with all the "fixins". And one of the really cool things about hamburgers is that there are just so many ways to fix them!

I remember this Eddie Murphy video from way back in the early 80's where he's going on and on about how his friends got McDonalds and he wanted McDonalds, but his Mom was pinching pennies so she'd make him these big ol' fat homemade burgers. I didn't feel sorry for him at all, because those juicy homemade burgers are so much better than the fast food version, especially when they're hot off the grill!

One of my favorite burgers sounds kind of gross, or at least I thought it did until I tried it....take a grilled burger, add bacon (cooked, of course) and monterey jack cheese, and slap it between a bun spread with peanut butter....sounds awful, but it's surprisingly very, very good! (Sure, there are more than a few fat grams there....it's worth the extra walk around the block to compensate :p )

Are you a burger-grilling aficionado? What's your specialty? Do you have a burger you are "known" for and that is much better than anything you could find in a restaurant? Any unusual ingredients that most people wouldn't immediately think of when grilling burgers?

·
Registered
841 Posts
At our extended family get-togethers, usually around Labor day, the aunts would make burgers more like meat loaf, with eggs, onions, bread crumbs, salt and pepper mixed in, then the uncles would cook them on the charcoal grill. I thought they were the best things I ever ate.

Reactions: Luckybustert
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.