Frugal Village Forums banner

burnt frying pan

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  homemaker66 
#1 ·
ok i need help. my husband fried some ham in a supposedly non stick frying pan and now its a burnt cakey mess. ive soaked it, and scrubbed it with a very course sponge and have ran it thru the dishwasher several times and its still black and icky. any thoughts on how to clean it??

#2 ·
Put the pan on the stove and put enough water to cover the burn part and then a little more. Boil it for several minutes. You can add a TINY amount of soad if you want to but any more will make it bubble and boil over.

It should pull the burned part up off the pan. If not add more water and boil again.

#5 ·
I saw this (have not tried it though!) on a British show called "How Clean is Your House?" The ladies got a pot with all sorts of burnt stuff on it and put a can of Coke in it. Since you have a pan, you could use less. They then boiled the soda and used a utensil to scrape the edges while it boiled. And I watched that exact thing happen on the show. They said the reason this works is because Coke is so acidic. Scary to think that it's doing that to my teeth!

#6 ·
I have not tried this myself but have been told it works

#7 ·
I have also used baking soda & water to get rid of burnt on stuff. Fill the pan with water & some baking soda and bring up to a boil. I usually let it boil a few minutes. I'm not sure if it would work with a whole pan or not, but it's worth a try. It usually will loosen up the burnt stuff.

Elizabeth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.