Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like there have been some super sales at the grocery stores lately. My freezer is absolutely packed! Today I cleaned, cooked, packaged, and froze 8 pounds of broccoli and 5 pounds cauliflower. Then I made 5 pounds of meatloaf and froze it. I cooked 5 pounds of hamburger down into crumbles to use for sloppy joes, tacos, hamburger helper, etc. Oh and I also turned 3 pounds of hamburger into stuffed peppers! 3 pounds of hamburger was also turned into patties. :relieved: Phew! I'm glad I got so much accomplished but, I am glad this day is over!

On Saturday I am going to tackle 25 pounds of potatoes! And I have 10 pounds of boneless chicken breast to be turned into various dishes, too!:stir:

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
You've been a busy, busy girl. Way to go. Must have been some kind of sale.

Reactions: aprilrain1024

·
Registered
236 Posts
wow....can i come eat at your house with my 2 hungry boys? wish my freezer was big enough for all that? What will you do with the potatoes by the way i didnt think you could freeze potatoes...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What will you do with the potatoes by the way i didnt think you could freeze potatoes...
I am going to make mashed and twice baked potatoes for sure. I had a potato casserole recipe too, that I can't find at the moment, but I hope to make some into that as well. Yumm!

The sales have been amazing like 5 pounds of potatoes for 99 cents!!! And 5 pounds of hamburger for $6.25!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Way to go aprilrain......and with all that in the freezer you will be able to sit back and enjoy the holidays with a lot less stress on those days when you don't feel like cooking!!

WAY TO GO!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Wow, great job, those are great prices! I just froze a small batch of mashed potatoes last night. I'm going to get them out on Sunday to see how they taste. I have 15 lbs to cook up myself!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
You did have a big days work but i know you will enjoy it later it nice to be able go freezer get meals instead having cook everything the day you need it.

Reactions: aprilrain1024
1 - 8 of 8 Posts