Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If its not one thing its another with these people.The last 2 weeks the mortgage companies phone was down with no explanation. They never call us , DH or I have to call them to talk to anyone. DH calls up to the mortgage lady today because the underwriters who got the Appraisal on the 22nd were supposed to have finished on Friday. Well they didn't turns out someone used a wrong form somewhere, and they didn't figure this out until today. We are supposed to close on Saturday, now they tell us it will be a miracle if we do. We've done everything we feel we can, getting forms faxed or overnighted so it went quickly, giving them everything they've asked for when the ask for it usually via fax. But now i feel like its all been wasted. We haven't told our landlord yet so we have to pay for 30 days from when we tell him, because we keep getting this horrible feeling that everything is falling apart. I have a feeling the underwriters are going to ask us to prove we have 2500 dollars again, which we don't need because theres already 3000 in escrow and according to the title company we have a credit. We don't have that much anymore because we had to pay rent, and bills, knowing that we are fine in Escrow i didn't think it was a big deal and the fact that we will get paid 3 times before our first payment is supposed to be due, and its not like i can skip paying rent. Now the stress of this is making me so ill all i want to do is go to the hospital. I'm sick to my stomach and just feel horrible because i feel like theres absolutely nothing we can do. Sorry for the rant i just dont know what to do anymore.

·
27,948 Posts
Big big hug, it really is stressful time & I don't think it ever goes smoothly. Too many ducks to get all lined up & on the same page. Our first buy was a nervous time too. ;)
Only thing I can say is just hang on for the ride, somehow it will work out. Getting yourself stressed out with things you have no control over is just self defeating. Just know it'll be bumpy and figure out how to ride the wave. It will all be over with soon and the stress be a distant memory before long. Hang in there!!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Been there

Done that. Is this your first home? Sorry - My ordeal was very, very similar and I was an absolute nervous wreck. Running around, getting all the "proper" paperwork and your firstborn in line . . .OMG!!! You are not alone. You DO need to take care of yourself first because getting sick will NOT make this better!

Let us know how it goes - I'm praying for you and your family (and all the other entities that need to get their @#$% together!!)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
This is my second home and both times I was nervous. Your emotions are running high anyway and every little snag just intensifies every thing.

Just keep in mind that it will get done and soon you will be settled in. Just keep thinking about that first Barbecue. By the way Congratulations!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes this is our first home. Thankfully my husband is on spring break this week so that he can do some stuff with it after work which is before the banks close. Our realtor said he talked to the sellers and if its just a matter of finishing up paperwork towards the end here they would start letting us move in. Which would be very helpful because ive been living among boxes for 3 weeks now. He also has been calling the loan officer well or second one because the first one is now on maternity leave. So hopefully we can still close soon, maybe not saturday but soon. DH has talked to the landlord now so he knows whats going on and he says he will be flexible with our move out date. A minimum of 30 days we have to pay for but hes not going to kick us out if for some reason it changes. Thank you all so much, i will keep you posted, its nice just to be able to off load sometimes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE:

We are with the underwriters right now. Turns out the Appraiser used the wrong from. He used a form for a Stick Built Traditional Home and we are buying a Permanently Attached Manufactured Home. The lady said the underwriter will take 2 hours or less, then they will fund Escrow. So hopefully hopefully we will close on Friday! My Realtor sent me a stress test thing its a big circle on a piece of paper you hang it on your wall and bang your head into it. Works well but i have a headache now. Thankyou everyone for listening to me rant, i will udpate again when i have one.

·
Registered
663 Posts
CEBSME

Now, I have to ask the obvious - How in the world did you 1) get your landlord to be flexible??? and 2) where in CA can you find that affordable housing??? I am so happy for you - and yes, the "worker on maternity" had that happen for several weeks! No one knew or could locate my file!!! Yikes!! I have to do this all over again??? NOOOOOOO:surprise:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our landlord is a pretty decent guy, guess we've always been lucky with landlords.

We live in Ridgecrest. Its a military town in the high desert. Our home is 4 bedrooms 2 baths about 1800 sq feet with 2.5 acres. Should have bought 3 years ago when you could get 3bd 2 ba home for 89k tops but then DH's pay was lower too. Those times are gone but we still do have some of the most affordable housing in California.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I am glad everything is working out great, please let us know how things go on Friday and congrats! :) :) :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got a new update. Looks like monday at noon, i guess a few days wont hurt us to bad lol. We are going to do our final walk through things right now since the sellers already moved out.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We cleared underwriting this morning and they are finishing writing up all the documents right now. There is now a small possibility we could sign tomorrow. We will contact the Title Company this afternoon to check on the status, but they tell us at the latest would be Monday now. The loan officer apologized over and over again today to my DH and I. The stayed working overtime last night to finish up what they could.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Totally know what you are going through.

We close at 9 tomorrow morning.

I have never had so many phone calls in my LIFE. between the lawyer's office and the bank and the insurance company and and and....

I just can't wait until it's over and I will never move again!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I hear you, ladies! We move in one week and I've never talked on the phone so much in my entire life (well, maybe when I was a teen).

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tell me about the phone calls. And the mileage on the car because its 10 mile each way out to the house. Weve had to go out there to inspect the new roof and do walk throughs and so on. Ive put about 150 miles on the car in the past month just from driving out there. And through all this stress we are closing on time as expected. DH just got off the phone with the escrow company. 9 am tomorrow.!.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I completely empathize with you. i cried and threw up a few times during the last few days before we closed from the stress of the mortgage companies demands.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol, i hadnt posted in this thread in a while because of that. We ended up not closing friday like they said we would, we are closing today,friday we just signed the loan documents. The mortgage company wanted this and that and a bunch of stuff wrong, it was just a big mess. But the guarantee its been recorded to the county so we are closing today at the earliest possible time. Its been so much trouble and hassle it makes me never want to buy a house again. I know it will be worth it though in the end.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I'm never moving again. It was an absolute nightmare from the sellers, to the lawyers, and selling our house. Yuck.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
cebsme, this is off topic, but I used to live in the high desert too (Barstow and Ft. Irwin)

Good luck on getting this mess all int he past and that you'll be able to soon get onto the business of moving in!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts