Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dh and I have finally decided on what type of vehicle we want to purchase. We decided on a Toyota 4 Runner. I remember reading a site that gave you pointers on how to go in and buy a new vehicle and how to make sure you are getting a good price.

If you ask a dealer to see the invoice price of a vehicle will they share that info with you?

We will probably be buying here within the next few months. I'm compiling as much information as possible. :)

Any advice or suggestions you could offer would be appreciated. We do not want to pay too much for a new 4 Runner.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Uuummmm Pam I'm not a whiz at this but I don't think that the dealer will share the invoice with you. BUT I did have a friend who worked at a new dealership and she told me take the sticker price and multiply it by .888 and you would get within a few hundred dollars of what the dealership paid for it. You can start your bargaining from there. Ofcourse you have to let them make a little. Just don't trade in a car. They always rip you off there.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We won't be trading in. We are keeping our current car as a second car. We have always been a one car family. I've been researching online and I found a free e-book that shows you how to skip salesmen and get quotes online from area dealers. They bid against each other for your business. Dh said he'd read it. He is going on Sunday morning to pick up a brochure, to ask a few questions, and maybe even for a test drive at an area Toyota dealer. Thanks for the tip, I'll write that one down for future reference. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts