Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new the the whole using coupons thing. I was reading some blogs and seen where you can buy coupons. The Sunday inserts I've gotten before I've never really found any coupons I would use. Has anyone ever bought any coupons? Is it worth it? Thanks

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I'm new the the whole using coupons thing. I was reading some blogs and seen where you can buy coupons. The Sunday inserts I've gotten before I've never really found any coupons I would use. Has anyone ever bought any coupons? Is it worth it? Thanks

Just a FYI, you can't legally buy or sell coupons. What you can purchase is the persons time for clipping the coupons, it is all in the wording. It is definitely worth your money to pay someone for the clipping service of their time. If you find coupons that will meet your families needs and for something you will buy.:)

Reactions: madjen

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have used several of the clipping services, ebay and have traded on various coupon boards out there. Definitely worth the other person's time and my $$$ :)

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I have been buying my Q's through TheCouponClippers.com for a long time and have been very happy with them. I use to buy four or more papers a week at $2/paper (spending at least $8/week on Q's). Now I spend between $4-$5 a week and instead of having 4 multiples of the good Q's I have five, ten or fifteen multiples of them and none of the ones I won't use.

It is definitely worth it to me. This week I spent $3.94 on my Q's. With them I bought 10 Peter Pan peanut butter jars @ $0.15/jar , 10 Maurichan noodle bowls for free plus $0.13 overage and 4 Wisk for $2.29. Final result - $13.30 for 10 PB, 10 noodle bowls, 4 detergents and the coupons.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
yes .
i wouldnt reccomend buying misc coupons or you could end up with an envelope of coupons youc ant use,

i have found sometimes different states have slightly different coupons .

IE popsicle brand ice cream treats - i can get coupons around here for 1$ off 2 ( which i cant dbl around here it wont dbl any higher than 1$ )

i can find on the net 50c off 1 which is often in areas that dont double - i buy them for ~ 10c each and i can dble them.

i wait for acmes 10 for 10$ sale where they use popsicles for loss leaders and i get 10 boxes for free or actually just the cost of my 10c coupon each .
thats under 1c a popsicle with no mess for me .

it has to be something that we are brand specific on - and that we can stock up on and i know that tends to be on a sale where i can get a really good deal and then it works very well.

you have to watch the exp dates though - make sure you give yourself time to use them as there is no gaurentee a good sale will pop up right away

it is easier for me to do that then buy extra papers or inserts and cut them myself which is time consuming and actually painful for my hands due to the fibro.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I use the 'coupon clippers' as well, have for a few years now. I think it's great- you only get the coupons you want, and you can easily get 'multiples' to stockpile items for the lowest price when they go on sale.

I used to use eBay but no longer do, now that I've found this clipping service...I have found a lot of the 'mixed lots' on eBay to be junk (to me and my family's needs at least).

I just started tracking sales at the grocery store to get a better idea of what goes on sale when, so I can know when to have those coupons on hand! Definitely worth the time and $ to 'pay' for your coupons!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.