Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of months ago DS and DD wanted to order a Pay-Per-View sporting event. They were willing to pay the $50 for it, so we ordered it for them. No big deal. The cable bill arrives in April and the $50 charge is on it. Okay, we make the payment and think nothing else of it.

Last week the new cable bill came in. I really did not pay any attention to it. It did not occur to me it was about $50 higher than normal. I called DH at work to remind him to do the online payment for it(he pays the bills, I just have to tell him when they come in the mail). Luckily, he is more observant than I am. He noticed we were charged for the PPV, again. Of course, he called the cable company and they removed the second charge. They did not give him a hard time or try to argue it.

I am not the type of person to assume the worst. I do not like to believe all companies and corporations are out to get me. I really feel like it was an honest error, not intentional, and am hoping we were the only people this happened to. But, it is still a little bothersome to think I almost over paid them $50.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I'm not the type of person to assume the worst either when it comes to billing errors, but come to think of it I don't think any of the billing errors I've encountered have been in my favor... :scratch:

·
Registered
723 Posts
I too hope it was an honest error, and hopefully not some glitch, so that everyone who ordered the pay-per-view sporting event is getting charged for it on two bills.

I also hate "scrutinizing" every bill trying to make sure there is not an error on it. :doh2:

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I sure hope that was an honest mistake but glad your DH caught it :) Shoot $50 is $50, we need that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i down graded my cable to the cheapest i made i daughter mad cause we dont get the football channel but i had to cut it but yesturday i was at walmart and spent 70.00 on dvds but lots of good shows from 3 s company giligans island and bewitched and a movie major league i know i should not of spent all that money but i enjoy them i am getting lots of movies love all the old t v shows willbe cable free in time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts