Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coffee, Tea, both or none of the above?
I'm usually a caffeine girl & drink both tea & coffee. Right now though I'm sipping an herbal black cherry berry tea with splenda and touch of ff 1/2&1/2. :cloud9:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Coffee in the morning. Strong stuff. I like tea after dinner and usually herbal tea before bed. And don't forget hot cocoa on cold Saturday afternoons!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I have given up ALL of my bad habits and I refuse to give up my coffee. I also drink a lot of iced tea. I COULD deal with decaf tea, but not my coffee. I did cut back from 12 cups a day to 6 cups.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes, please. 2 cups of (black) coffee on weekday mornings, then switch to tea (all different kinds, but all either black or green).

On weekend mornings, I usually drink black tea, sometimes flavored, sometimes plain, but I will drink coffee instead if DH makes some.

Yep, I like my caffeine.

Kara

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
green tea.

·
Registered
8,471 Posts
I like my caffeine too, but can't have much of it. As I've aged, I've become very sensitive to it, and if I drink anything caffeinated after about 1 or 2, I'll be bouncing off the walls at dawn.

Regular tea when I get up, decaf cola or decaf tea later in the day. I don't drink coffee - I could never stand the smell of it.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I'm not too concerned with caffeine, I don't crave it, and I don't go into any noticeable withdraws without.

However, I do drink a cup or two of coffee most mornings, and then a cup or two of some sort of tea in the afternoons. I rarely drink soda, so that isn't a concern for caffeine at all.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
A cup of hot cocoa with 1 tsp instant coffee in it, in the morning. No clue how much caffeine is in that.

Then decaf green tea or water the rest of the day. Ice tea when dining out and during the summer, I don't mind if its decaf or not.

Rarely I'll have a soda but the crash is so terrible that I've pretty much talked myself out of those.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Unfortunately I LOVE my coffee and Pepsi!!!!!!
I drink too many coffees in a day that's for sure and do need to cut some out or at least convert to some decaf...heavy with the cream & light with the sugar. I also really need to cut back on my Pepsi consumption unless I switch to caffeine & sugar free Pepsi...it's not a weight thing at all but a maybe-I-should-have-a-glass-of-water-some-century kind of thing!!!!!!!! My skin is suffering from the lack of healthy water!
I do believe I have become addicted to the caffeine and def the sugar. I don't suffer headaches or anything like that but I do suffer from SERIOUS SERIOUS cravings if I go too long without either.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've gotten in the habit in the past year or so of drinking more coffee than I used to, so that I'm now up to about 3 or 4 cups per day. Yesterday I made the mistake of also drinking some iced tea during the afternoon, so I tossed and turned all night. I think I'm going to decaf only after late afternoon.

I like strong coffee, with cream and no sugar.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
caffiene free here. I drink herbal teas and decaf coffees.

·
Registered
328 Posts
caffeine alll the way!! Cokes, cokes and more cokes. I do drink tea on occasion as well!!

dont even think about touching my caffeine!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'm partial to peppermint tea and would keep some in my work to sip on over the day, but I could not give up my caffeine.

I drink tea after my dinner pretty much every night and I love coffee. Vanilla lattes are my absolute favourite; I keep Starbucks syrups in the house and, usually at the weekend, I brew coffee with the cafetiere and pop some in. I really wish we had a proper coffee machine though. :(

I also love the white cafe mochas from Starbucks. :lip: The less said about their calorie count the better...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.