Ingredients:
1 box red velvet cake mix
1 16oz can of cream cheese frosting or home made
1 pkg chocolate bark (white or dark)
Wax Paper​
Serves:
40-50 balls​
Directions:
1. After the cake has cooled, crumble into a large bowl.

2. Mix throughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use your fingers to mix together, but be warned it can get messy)

3.Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (You can even get more if you use a mini ice cream scooper)

4. Chill for several hours. (you can speed this up by placing in the freezer)

5. Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler according to directions on package.

6. Roll ball in the chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off.)

I also only melt a few pieces of chocolate at a time because it starts to cool and thicken. It's easier to work with when it's hot.

You can also use lollipop stick to dip, and then leave the stick and have cake lollipops.​

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
These are soooo good. My future dil and I have made these before. We made the oreo ones with the cream cheese. YUmmy!

I tried to make the one for thankgiving that looked like turkeys that was a lot of work. There are so many cute ideas for these.

should make some more soon.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
They look great. All these tasty recipes being posted lately. Just in time for the holidays. Thanks.

Reactions: rissimo

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
ooooohhhh man, these look good!!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Kinda like the oreo balls. Thanks for sharing new twist!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Sounds easy enough - even if you don't use red velvet cake mix...this sounds totally doable for Christmas gifts if you add sprinkles over top of the balls or roll them in them once finished dunking in chocolate.

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
OoooH I am SO making these! And I love the added sprinkles idea too. And what a nice dessert to bring to a dinner.....like a stay right at home dinner.....lol!

Theresa :)

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Great idea! thanks...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just made oreo cake balls for the first time last week but this sounds like an even better idea! Will be trying them out soon :) Thanks!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
They sell these at Starbuck's now. I think they call them cake pops.

Btw, does anyone else kidn of chuckle to themselves when they see the name of these things, or is it just me? :eek:

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
These look yummy!! Will add them to my Christmas baking list. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
I make these a lot. Have made chocolate, red velvet, carrot cake, brownies I use softned cream cheese whip it together with the cake messy but yummy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts