Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mon Jan 10, 6:11 PM ET Associated Press

A boulder some 25 feet high blocks both lanes of the Topanga Caynon Road, Monday, Jan. 10, 2005, as electrical contractors fix broken power and communication lines in Malibu, Calif. No injures where reported, but the road remains closed. The storm system was blamed for at least nine deaths during the weekend in Southern California, including a man killed when his vehicle plunged into the surf off Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, and a homeless man killed when the hillside where his tent was pitched gave way. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
The news reports get worse as of last night, but the skies are clearing now. Thank God

·
27,948 Posts
That is a huge boulder, thanks for the article Karen.
What a horrible mess. My heart breaks for the poor man who left his wife & 3 kids at home to go buy some icecream and return to find his house & family buried in mud.:( http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050111/D87I0URO0.html

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
This is so sad. I saw that on the news too Darlene. I thought it was unfair how they were having to take him away because he had been digging for 2 days trying to find them. I know he had to be exhausted.

I hope the rain stops soon!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Thankfully we did see lots of sunshine today.....we have had so much rain and we desperately need some time to dry out and clean up!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts