Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your Helppppppppp . I made the tin can Luminary but now I am looking for a way to put ilghts in the . I dont like putting them outside with a tea candle.

Also if you where putting a gift together for a person starting crafting what would you put in it?

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I have seen a little thing that looks like a tea light, but it battery operated.
As for what to get a new crafter the choices are endless. It all depends on what they want to do as their craft. I gift card to a local craft store would be much appreciated by most.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
They make snap lights-- glow sticks that are used in jack-o-lanterns at Halloween and should work for your luminaries too. They are also sold as emergency lights -- so check in the stores areas for emergency car equipment as well.

Craft kits? Hmm. . .depends on what craft I suppose. . . generally speaking:

glue and glue guns
ribbons, lace, trims
scissors-- with various cutting edges
a good general craft book
needles in various sizes

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
kits premade up like beggining crochet and knitting or the pattern of simple knit scarf and the yarn that would match her/ his coat. hmmmmmm

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I saw a neat idea for knitters. . .

Take a clear cup that you get slushies in -- the one's with domes lids. . . fill with a skein of varigated yarn, a simple pattern, and stick a pair of knitting needles in the top-- looks like an ice cream soda with straws!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all . I will go looks for the stuff. As for the crafter i dnt think she even knows what craft she wants to get in to . lol

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Oh Sunshine! that sounds so cute! I would love that, but I am a knitter...LOL

I have seen luminaries made from plastic milk jugs and a string of lights. they look great down a long, farm drive way.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I would give a gift card to the local craft store, that way she could just browse until she sees something that interest her.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I have seen a little thing that looks like a tea light, but it battery operated.
As for what to get a new crafter the choices are endless. It all depends on what they want to do as their craft. I gift card to a local craft store would be much appreciated by most.
I agree, a gift card would be perfect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts