Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please check in!
I want to be sure you are all ok!
For those who don't know, we have had 3 large storms pass through south central TX since Sunday!
For us, Sunday's storm did the most damage, we had quarter size hail and up.
The skirting on 3 sides of our home is trashed! Screens were literally sucked off the windows and taken. We watched as our deck furniture swirled, was lifted and thrown hard against the windows, we were sure one would break it was hit so much but it held! The screen however went up, and disappeared!
The winds made the window frames on the fake multipane windows crooked!
PLus it blew water in the house through the windows! Fortunately this only happened in the kitchen and not the carpeted areas!
I have lived out here for 5.5 years, in the sticks and this is the worst storm we have had in the last 4 years!
Several trailers around us are no more! Thank God they were being renovated and no one lived in them!
There are reports that one trailer in the sub division where we used to live has been flipped over!
The Grape Creek and Carlsbad fire fighters have been making rounds to be sure every one is ok.
Last nights storm was not so heavy for us, just lots of rain, lightening and thunder, the rain was coming down straight and not sideways like the night before!
We lost power for several hours though!
Anybody else in this storm belt?
Thank God for the rain! We have been in danger of the big town losing its water! I do not live in town and have a different water supply, plus a private well should I need it. Last I heard we had gotten over 2 inches of usable rain, but we are still below normal by 2-3 inches for the year!
I love storms as long as no one gets hurt!
I hope you are all ok!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Sis, glad to hear your all safe and that you don't have too much damage. Please keep us posted as to how things are going there.

Its always nice to have rain, but without all the huge storms that often come with it.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
We did receive some good rain these last 2 day...much needed rain!!! Some of the wind picked up the canopy in the back yard and threw it. We also had a piece of skirting come loose, but nothing really major. I was kind of glad to see the rain. Though I could do without the damaging winds and hail.

Glad you are ok too Mel!!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
you ladies in texas can have the rain we have been getting in new jersey..man i think it rain all but 3 or 4 days this month..the sun finally came out today but we are scheduled for more ran fri or sat

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We got more rain last night!
Plus heavy storms are supposedly on the way this weekend!
I hope Lisa (PrairieRose) is ok, I think they are farmers, not sure if the farmers want the rain now, or not!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
We received some more rain this morning. I heard there should be more coming this way this weekend as well. I wonder where the rest of the Texas homesteaders are???

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am checking in. We have gotten lots of hail over the last couple of weeks. It has put several nice dings in my car. My insurance agent asked DH if we would consider waiting until this storm season is over to file the claim, we seem to be getting hail every few days. I am fine to wait, I would hate to get it fixed and then have a new storm in a few days. I am going to wait till the end of the month.

We have not had any real property damage here but in Wichita Falls, which is where I work, they have lots of wind and water damage.

We are glad to see the rain, it has knocked down the threats of grass fires considerably. The lakes look good too.

Stay safe everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts