Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we plan to try to go camping in the next week or so. i was just wondering who else camps and where is your favorite place to go??:)
do you tent camp? do you have a pop-up camper....or an RV??:D we have a 2002 jayco pop-up.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
We love to camp and went 2 weekends ago. We also have a pop-up. We usually just go to the lake and camp where there is a park, swimming area, pier to fish off of and places for the kids to go and do.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
We tent camp, but I would like to have a travel trailer for the colder months. I would camp every weekend if i could. We usually go to a campground at the lake!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
We have an ancient motor home- 1972, 19 foot Shasta. We go camping when ever and where ever the mood stikes. If we are traveling long distances- we tend to stay at KOA sites , if it's closer to home, we stay at state parks or some locally owned campsites.

·
Registered
429 Posts
We tent camp. We pack our backpacks, head to the woods and pick a great spot. We have several nice trails around here and have traveled to north Georgia and Tenn. LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
We had a VW van, but the engine caught fire and we havent had it repaired yet. We (dh and I) used to sleep in the van and the kids slept in tents. Then we bought an air mattress and that changed everything. I love tent camping, but the cold damp ground got to my back and legs. With the air mattress I can have the best of both worlds. Dh and I have our own tent and the kids have their own tent(s).

We usually camp locally, in our own San Gabriel mountains, but our favorite place is coastal beach camping near San Simeon CA. The home of the elephant seals. We have found many other sites as well near that area that we like. If we are not up to the long drive then it is local, if time and $$$ permits then it is San Simeon Hands Down!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
I wish we had mountains that we could camp at with out a long long drive:(

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
We camp at local state parks, we have an old motorhome too ....
I love it ! We will be going very soon .......:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts