Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CRAP CRAP CRAP I am going to phone my bank in the morning and put a stop order on them. I feel so stupid, I felt so pressured by this guy and my friend and living on hardly anything it sounded so good to be told I could have an extra 500 this month. CRAP CRAP CRAP I am so mad at myself right now and feel so STUPID!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
From what I believe they are some sort of a financial company? But I do know they operate under a pyramid type scheme :( Which is bad news for you b/c you're always on the bottom.

Put a stop payment on them for ANY amount with your bank - do not authorize them to take ANY money regardless of amount, be sure to articulate that to the bank teller. Also fax, email whatever, a letter to them stating you have changed your mind about your agreement and wish to cancel. Keep a copy for your records and ask for them to send acknowledgment back in writing via Canada Post.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
You might just close out your bank account and open another - these people can be ruthless, and sometimes closing the account is the only way to thwart them!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I read the article and it sounds like a pyramid scheme.. Sorry!!!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
This is interesting. I thought Primerica was a financial company that you invest your retirement in. (or so I heard) Learn something new everyday. :)

OP, hope you get it worked out.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Lost a couple hundred to them years ago... long story short, my sis knows one of the top money makers in this area, and he tried to recruit us again with this story about how it's really a great way for families to consolidate bills, save money BUY LIFE INSURANCE.................key word... their main goal - get YOU to sell their life insurance, and well, that's the main goal after the first goal which is to get your money , which I THINK they have lowered a bit, probably due to the economy.

In a nutshell, no one is going to make any money except those already at the TOP of the pyramid.............

Total and complete waste of time and money............. but hey, we all have our lessons to learn, I learned mine I HOPE from that one LOL

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I wouldn't close your account but I would go to your bank and stop them for taking a single cent .
Don't feel so bad , it's so easy to get sucked into things like this.
I had a woman approach me saying something like I looked just like the sort of person who would be great asset to her team. She said all these flattering things to me and made me think I was going to get a great job helping people get out of debt. I was excited until I googled Primarica!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am still so mad at myself I thought my friend just wanted to come over and talk. Then she shows up with this man, and with my PTSD I never have strange men in my house that I don't know. I just freaked . I also dissocate from time to time and as soon as this man was in my house it started happening on and off. I am mad because my friend knows I am on disability and they made me feel like I would be taking food out of my daughters mouth if I didn't do this. I felt so pressured, I called my mom and she says thats the way they work and thats what they do and they are good at it. So not to feel to bad just put a stop on it. But still I feel so stupid, and hurt that my friend would do such a thing to me.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I would agree. Your friend knows the issues and she clearly took you for granted. The guy was his job. I would be more worried about the friend then the guy.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I hate this happened to you and agree with everyone else. This guy's job is to rip people off and I am sure he is good at it. You "friend" isn't such a good friend if they would bring him into your home.

If you don't want to confront her about it, at least don't call when she answers.

Good luck and I hope it all works out for the best.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
This person was not your friend. Next time you hear from them go and tell them what for! Hope you were able to cancel everything and make sure your bank account is safe. I would think your bank would be patient with you to close out one account and open another.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
That person is NOT your friend. To be absolutely certain they don't get any of your money you need to close your bank account and open a new one. Stopping payment MIGHT work, but I wouldn't want to take the chance.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I am so sorry that you are having to go through this.
It is so cruel when people take advantage of others like this.
I have never heard of Primerica before. I will certainly keep on the lookout for this company and anyone associated with it.

I agree with the others, this person is NOT your friend.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I thought that Primerica was legit, but they may have some shady people working for them. Check your contract for a release clause. Many of these are required to give you 3 days or so to change your mind. But the time limits are strict, so don't delay. I would not suggest changing bank accounts; that could invite more trouble than you already have.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.