Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
because I have had enough. My mother just called me and before we hung up, I realized I had zero memory if I ate today and I'm about to go to bed. I ask her is she saw me eat and she tells me we all had dinner together 3 hrs ago, I ate and made conversation. I believe her, but she says put it in the notebook I gave you yesterday. Well, I'm too embarrassed to tell her I cannot find that because this is like the 4th notebook she has given me and I know where none of them went.

On days like this, Bernice will catch my eye and then I panic because I cannot remember petting her all day. My mom says I did of course but she has no way of knowing that on the opposite side of the house, so I know she is humoring me, has no clue if I pet Bernice but would never tell me that.

I just need something, one thing medical to improve that I can latch onto as a sign I'm getting better. Doesn't happen. I know I am very lucky that the mass in my brain is not cancer and that Pot syndrome is not a terminal disease. Those two things should make me grateful and ecstatic, and I am. But some days that's not enough.

ok, done complaining

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Hugs Francine!

How about putting a note on your fridge or mirror or anything that you see everyday as a reminder of where your notebook is or write notes and post them near your bed your bathroom anything that can help remind you of your daily routines etc..

I do this for my FIL that has dementia ..HTH..

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Yes, post-it notes are wonderful. I've used them with students before in various situations and the kids found them helpful.

You know you can rant, rave, moan, groan, bitch, complain, and generally say whatever you need to say and those of us here will love you and listen and commiserate with you. That's why we're here----to support each other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts